Grief & Loss Community
Can't Accept It

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

Can't Accept It

Today marks 8years since my mother lost her life to cancer. As I look around everyone has gone on with their lives but I still can't accept the fact that she is gone. Its really hard to talk about her or even think about her. How do I get pass this? What am I suppose to do?
Please ask your doctor if he or she has the name of a good grief counselor.  That is a professional specialty of certain therapists, and if you find someone who deals with grief, it's amazing how well it helps.  You might be holding on in the emotional belief that if you can't accept it, it won't be true; talking with a counselor just helps on every level (even if you cry all through your first appointment).  It helped me a lot when I went through a trauma last year, I can't recommend it highly enough.  Please act on this, it will help.
hi hu i just wanted too say timeheals all wounds allmost everyday someone i know dies alot of children in the last year and a half i cant count how many deadbodys ive seen..8 yrs is a long time but everyone is diffrent..i dont know if u believe in god but if u do just remember when u pray to her she can hear u and u will b together in heavin oneday..remember the goodtimes u had with her u need to b strong and accept she is gone but not forever u will b with her again..trust me there is a god ad he will reunite u guys when the time comes..life does go on..but it doesnt mean she still doesnt live in ur heart nd can hear ur wonderfull loveable thoughts to her knowing this may ease ur pain..one thing i lerned in my life is to accept things whe they happin thats the first step in ur recovery and it will help ease ur pain..i have 4 brothers and a sister ill never see again so believe me hun ur not alone...good luck to u please believe what i told u ok?fred