Grief & Loss Community
Foot Prints in the Sand. For Lisaob1

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

Foot Prints in the Sand. For Lisaob1

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord, ‘You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?’

The Lord replied, ‘The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand, is when I carried you.’

-Mary Stevenson
thankyou so much...just thankyou.....means a lot x