Grief & Loss Community
Fox News Does It Again

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

Fox News Does It Again

In another homage to blatant stupidity Fox News opens its big broadcast mouth to once again change feet. What is it this time? A weekend late night talk show decides to make fun of a Canadian General's assertion that Canadian Troops will need a year off at the end of their combat tenure in Afghanistan which is slated for 2011.

Without context, forethought or any type of empathy, Fox News' gruesome foursome decides to disparage the Canadian contingent with references to yoga, spa treatments, nail coloring and other foolishness. While they were doing this, 4 more Canadian soldiers were being transported home to be buried. A total of 116 Canadian soldiers have died in Afghanistan, and hundreds more wounded. Canadian Forces have been in Afghanistan since the beginning of that engagement, fighting side by side with U.S. forces.

Just when you thought Fox News couldn't lower their standards any further, they outdo themselves once again.

As a Grief Recovery Therapist I deplore their insensitivity and I say to the U.S. population "I know Fox News does not represent your country." They represent a small niche of right wing fundamentalists who choose to celebrate insensitivity and callousness in all its forms and oppose anything that is courageous and good for the human spirit.

My heart goes out to the families of Canada's recent military losses and to All the U.S. Families that have lost loved ones in Iraq and Afghanistan. These soldiers deserve our respect and admiration regardless of what circumstances brought them into these wars. And Fox News deserves this growing swell of antipathy for their hosts' inane remarks.

Your comments are welcome.

Maurice Turmel Phd
Grief Recovery Specialist
http://www.howtocopewithgriefandloss.com
love the solier hate the war..................
Try MSNBC for extreml;y biased coverage!
The news is COLD!!! The news article about the shoting of my son was unbelievable. It was all about the killer and not my son, the victim. They interivewed the killers' mother and she says "my son is a good boy". Yeah, right lady, he carries a 9 ml glock loaded in the back seat of his car, with a prior gun charge record, he unloads 9 rounds into my son and he's a good boy!!! My son NEVER even hit a person. All this over a traffic incident. The paper says he a good guy with a regualr job a wife and 2 kids. It described my son as being unemployed. Well, he was starting a new job in 2 weeks. But the paper doesn't say that. Who cares anyway, he didn't need to get MURDERED!!!

The reporter never came to me to ask me about my son and how I felt. After 2 years when I could think again I called the reporter and talked to him about how one sided the article was. He put all the blame on the 'researchers' who gathered the information. He was quite defensive about it. He put the blame on "the researchers".

He said when the murderer comes up for parole in 2011, we will get together and do an  article about it all. It's kind of late now, the damage is done. The community already read this article about this killer not being such a bad person three years ago. Screw the Washington Post.

abby

Abby--I don't blame you for being angered by this, what are they teaching in journalism today?Especially under these circumstances, I would hope that anyone reporting on a story of this nature, that they treat victims and families as they would want to be treated if it happened to their family. Shame on them!

I am sorry for the loss of your son and can only imagine the torment you are going through.This reporter owes you an apology now, not in two years. I would hope this person has learned something by this and will be more sensitive in the future. That excuse about it being the "researchers" sounds like they chose not to accept responsibility, unfortunately.
As I sit here trying to think of the right words to describe their behavior, I am wondering how anyone could possibly be so disrespectful...These brave young men deserve honor and dignity, living or deceased. I certainly hope these shameful remarks are addressed by the station or network.