How do I know if I have chirrosis or liver damage?
I am a female I'm 23 years old and 250 pounds. I have been drinking quite frequently over the past 3 years. I don't think I am an alcoholic although some people disagree and tell me I am one. I usually don't drink 3-4 days out of the week but as soon as Friday comes I start partying. By partying I mean having 4 small glasses of wine (750 cl) a night from Friday-Sunday. However if there are leftovers I finish that even if the weekend is over. What I would like to know is if I am drinking enough to cause chirrosis in the long run or not? I heard that in order for chirrosis to develop you have to drink very heavily every day for at least 10 years but what does it mean very heavily? 4 small glasses of wine at 750 cl doesn't seem very heavily to me. So how much does alcohol does it take to ruin the liver beyond repair? I fear of going to the doctor because I know all the doctor is going to do is tell me "well if you're worried about it so much then just stop drinking" so I don't go. My grandfather was a heavy drinker drinking lots of Vodka, beer and wine alcohol was his favorite thing back in the days he still does it but now I only see him drinking beer and wine not Vodka and he would have 8-10 beers a day each weekend and bring a beer to work daily and he never got chirrosis.
Will 4 small 6 ounce glasses of wine 3-4 times a week kill my liver to the point where it will turn chirrotic?