Grief & Loss Community
Life can sometimes be cruel

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

Life can sometimes be cruel

A couple of weeks ago I was lamenting the fact that there were too many deaths around me and too few births. I always feel that is impossible not to feel optimistic and energized when around a baby. Therefore I was elated when a good friend of mine from primary school became a dad. This was also the first grandchild in his family. However the child soon developed a lung infection and psssed away shortle thereafter. Death is tough enough to deal with but when it involves a child it is jarring.
Tags: Life, Baby, child
YEAH LIFE IS LIKE THAT SOMETIMES BUT IVE LEARNED THAT YOU REALLY DO HAVE TO TAKE THE GOOD WITH THE BAD AND IM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THAT CHILD BUT YOU CANT LIVE FOUCUSING ON THE NEGATIVE  ALL THE TIME BUT, I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL..LIKE I ALWAYS SAY TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS.
wow.. take the good with the bad....wow... thats such an easy statement to slig around isnt it?

have you ever lost a baby? do you really have that attitude allthe time when losing a loved one? or seeing something that most find very sad?

jdesouza.. i sympathize with you .. what you said.. how true it is.. its so hard to find a balance... I lost my son when he was 9 weeks old.. it changes you .. and you end up always thinking something bad is going to happen.. its hard to remain positive.. you end up questioning so many things..about life.. death.. and the human condition..

its been 8 years since i lost my son.. and believe me.. i dont "take the good with the bad"

time does NOT heal ALL wounds.
time helps you to learn to live with these things not to ever get over them because believe me you dont, and im sure lonote will agree you dont ever want to when its something so precious as your own child or a child you loved or a loved one is taken away from you! my baby Annie-rose was born sleeping allong with her healthy twin sister.so sorry nojustice,nopeace i dont agree with your comment
Sorry if all you took my comment the wrong way. That day I must have been feeling some type of way to have said something like that to someone who has had a lost like that. Knowing I just suffered a great loss myself, And its been over 6 months and I'm still sick about losing my love. To jdesouza I'm sorry if my comment didn't sit with you well.  Truley I am, if any one understands pain trust me I do. I always sympathize with the loss of a loved one cause that is heartache and we all know there is no cure for heartache..I can definetly vouch for that one...
As for everyone else that had something to say.. Instead of focusing on thw negative focus on the positive or don't comment at all cause for 1 I wasent answering your post now was I. I don't see nothing wrong with the comment" TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS"cause when I was going through my grief a very sweet person walked up to me and said that and I didnt snap out about it cause they were being sincere and, if you think about it, it's the truth cause at the time of grief all people say is "it'll get better with time" I just said it how it was said to me. If you feel thats so wrong blow it out cha *** cause I could careless cause I wasent talking to neither of you any way. Who are yall the goddanm forum police. The poster did'nt have a problem with what I said . She probibly knew I did'nt mean it the way it came out.