Liver Failure and cirrhosis death, anyone go through this?
If you have lost a friend or close relative to liver failure and cirhosis, please share with me the amount of time they had in "end stage". We are trying to get some idea of what to expect....I have posted on the liver forum...but decided to ask here as well. Thank you all for your time!
Mary Z
My father is suffering from Liver Cirrhosis and we came to know about this almost three years back. Infact, he had suffered a minor heart attack in 2011 and after Angiography he remained unconcious for three days. During further check ups at the hospital, doctors told us that he is also suffering from Liver Cirrhossis.

He was on strict diet contol and medications since then. Last year doctors carried out 3D MRI scan and observed Tumour in the liver. They immediately operated the same. However, during later scan six months down the line, they observed multiple tumours and informed us of HCC (Hepatocellular Carninoma with Cirrhosis). His condition has however worsened in the last six months and he cannot stand or walk on his own. His stomach has swollen and needs regular visit to hospital to drain off the fluid.
He is very confused and cannot express his thoughts because of loss of words. The skin color has turned black / Yellow and is in deep pain. The sleep patterns have also changed as he is now awake during the whole night and sleeps in the early morning. During entire night, he speaks something which we can't really understand. He is also not able to communicate the need to go to the toilet and everything happens on bed and that too very suddenly.

Very sad to hear from the Doctor during my visit two days ago that he has less than one month to live, infact only a couple of days. Was going throgh threads on internet and came through these posts and thought to share our sorrow.

The worst part being that my father was completely Non alcoholic and remained Vegetarian through out his life. Has not been diagnosed with Heb B or C and yet fell for this deadly disease. We even do not know the reasons of falling to this disease.

These last days are very painful for him and we really wish that his pains are reduced during these last days. Request people in this forum who have similar experience with the near and dear ones to pray for him.

Vikas Arora
My husband also was diagnosed 2 years ago with cirrhosis of the liver from psc.  I have read that 75%  of people with ulcerative collitis will develop psc.  I also have read that many medications he has taken for the past 25 years may  contribute to liver disease.  He made the transplant list in May with a score of 16 at the age of  67 after an episode of ascites.  This man was very physical and hard working all his life.  He never smoked or drank.  This past 5 months he has deteriorated to the point he is exhausted after about 20 minutes of simple activity.  He is sleeping more, eating less and lost so much muscle he now looks like  skin and bones.  This is extremely sad and very hard to accept that a person can go from a picture of health to a person that shakes and appears in a daze most of the day.  We both wonder how much he will have to bare or if he will every receive an organ.  I would just like to encourage people to realize how fragile life is and to recognize if you have your health you can do anything but without it you may be only a blink of the eye away from death.  I hope more people will also recognize how great a gift they can give by donating organs so others may have life.  I pray an organ will come in time for my husband or others in need.  Much love to all.
Im a caregiver to my brother Dean,Who has ESLD I've been caring for him since Febuary of 2014'.My name is Wanda I'm 52,my brother is a very loving person,I've seen things from this disease I hope to never see again in a loveone as long as I live, Dean as suffered and continues to suffer as I type this,he was diagnosed 2009' HepC,so bad they gave him TIPS Procedure 2009,it has kept him alive but with so much bodily harm to him,constant ammonia high,fluid bluid up,He came to me after his wife of 25 yrs said she couldn't do it,take care of him,I called our mother she said no.I stood there for  a moment and said yes I can do this,at this time he had been in the hospital for 1 month and still in there from ESLD,Kidney failur,bacteria in his stomach and diabetic,this was in January,I stood at his bedside and said your coming home with me,he said no he was going home with his wife,that's when the world stood still,when I told him she was seeking a divorce,he looked at me me and said,just what I need to die alone,I said Dean your not dead and your not dying,they can say you are, but watch what your sister can and will do for you.They gave him 2 months that was in  January we are now in July 22,2014.Im his nurse that comes into his room with a tray with nutrientional foods morning,noon and night,I take his blood,give him shots,give him laughs rub his body with coconut and rosemary oil 100%rosemary oil,it helps him breathe,he has been to the hospital 1 time since in my care,from Ascites ,they took 2 liters off his stomach,he is on Protonic 40mg,Lasix 40mgx2,Potassum 20 mg,Zinc220 mg,VitaminE1000 units,Lactolose,30 ml x4.As I mention he is also a diabetic,who receives novo log 6units 3 xs befor meals, levermire night time 10 units.He tells me everyday that I'm his angel,I tell him you my brother,gave me my wings,we laugh at how this disease can kill you,but on the other hand makes you live,even with the disabilities,it brings to you,remember your alive,you can fight,you can love,you can go own with your life,even if they tell you,your time limit,don't believe them it's up to God and you and the love that comes from within,the time I have with my brother is not measured by time,it's is measured with Love.He went to Emory University for a liver transplant work up July7th 2014,We are now waiting for a donor,if Dean would of stay in the hospital,he'd be dead,with my raising hell to let him come home with me,he is alive,and hopefully will live a long full life,I know transplants only last for 1 to 2 years because of the HepC coming back.But let me have my brother alive for as long as possible.I feel for each and everyone that has lost a love one are is going threw this God forbidding disease.My prayers are with each and everyone here..Stay strong,Love Stronger..Peace be with you--Wanda
My Dad is in life support for 24hrs now he had Liver Cirrhosis....He quit drinking alcohol the day after he was diagnosed (may 2013)...Everything works well for one year but it gets worst after his doctor prescribe a medication for TB (RIMSTAR)he has mild tb... he turned yellow and develop ascites just after 1month using that pills (rimstar 3x daily)..i saw him last night true skype...he can hear me but he never reply...they put a tube in his mouth for air...the doctor told me to remove his life support because he wouldnt.make it anways..but i refuse..I saw my Dad tears while looking at me,My heart  Breaks...Now im on my way home flight for 16 hrs..Hoping i can be there before something else happen...I Beiieve In Miracle..With God nothing is Impossible!.God Bless You All
  I myself am suffering from end stage liver disease, and i agree with most f you, you should have certain affairs in order, as hard as it may be, it will make it easier on your oved ones and those who care. I currently have roughly 4 months before things head down hill, all I can say is dont quit fight, if you drink stop now, and follow a good diet. I wish you all the best and good luck. Mike
I am the patient and have end stage cirrohsis.  Tonight I am afraid to go sleep.  That I might not wake up.  Is this possiblee, anyone know.  I have no support I need help
Hi Kristy Lee,

I am not sure if you will see this anymore, but I followed your posts a long time ago because my grandpa was a sufferer of Cirrhosis and eventually Liver Cancer. He was given two months to live in early 2011 and lived until early 2013.

He passed on January 16, 2013 so not long before your Dad. It was especially tough for us as my grandpa had already broken a hip and had it replaced and was a heavy man so my grandma and our family couldn't help him as much as we would have hoped to if he went into the state that the toxins sometimes put him in and fell. We eventually had to put him into a home but he soon warmed to it because of how high the quality was. He was the light of my life and seeing him in pain was so heartbreaking. It was in a way bittersweet to see him go because after all that pain, he was finally at piece.

I know exactly what you were/are going through and had this bookmarked on my computer and thought I would touch base even if we have never met before. Because I am still struggling at times almost two years later (I am 23 now).

Hope you and your family are coping well and our loved ones that we have lost will always be in our hearts and watching over us.

Take care.

Katerina

My boyfriend of 6 years passed away suddenly 3 weeks ago from a high fever, then a seizure and then a heart attack. He was pronounced brain dead on the way to the hospital and his organs shut down completely within 12 hours after that. He was not yellow, he was not in poor health (to the eye), he was pretty active. As a matter of fact, just 4 days prior we were on vacation and had a terrific time! We found out from the autopsy that he had cirrhosis, and he did not tell a soul. Although he had been in and out of the hospital several times for pancreatitis, the thought of him having cirrhosis never even crossed my mind. I knew he drank, but he never drank excessively. I eventually discovered that he was drinking about 4 liters of vodka a day (in private). He was never intoxicated to the point where it was obvious. I was told that was because he had built up a tolerance after years of drinking. He was only 31 years old and apparently had begun drinking as a young teenager.

I'm just now getting past my feelings of shock and disbelief, but now I am beginning to have feelings of being angry. I am so mad that he did not feel he could share this with anyone. Especially me. And I'm sure he didn't tell anyone because the coroner said there was nothing that could have been done for him, he probably didn't want to be treated differently. But now I feel like he just left me here. Like he went out for a pack of cigarettes and never came home. And I am so, so mad at him and just pissed off all the time!! I don't even know if I can finish school now. I'm in college full time, and my semester started back a week after he died and I just cannot concentrate on my work. I'll be alright one minute, and then I find myself thinking of him and cussing him in my head for letting himself get into that shape and then my whole day is ruined.I snapped at my sister the other day, I'm more aggressive when I'm driving, and I cannot get any sleep. I wake up in the middle of the night and then just stay up and I'm so tired all day long.

I know these feelings will pass eventually, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Actually, I think I might go see my doctor. Maybe I can get something to help me sleep. I'm sure that's a big part of it. This just *****, as I know you all have been through it too and know. I might even take up kick-boxing or something. I really can't say if I would feel any different if I had known, or if I had to watch him suffer through this. I mean, it was so sudden, like he'd been in a car accident and died or something. He just seemed to be fine, he never showed any signs of being in pain or anything!

Anyway, just had to vent. And now I'm going to try to get some homework done. Take care, all!
I am new to the community, and I am posting my question to this community in hopes that I can find some close. My son died 8 months ago he was 26. I was not informed of his death until the day after he died. I was told years ago he had Aplastic Anemia & saw tests that validated his low platelet count. However, when I received a copy of the death certificate it stated his official cause of death was liver disease. I wanted answers, so I ask my sons wife she will not tell me. HIPAA laws say the medical records now belong to my son' s wife. I had not seen my son for almost two years prior to his death contact was occasional text or email. Our last contact was unpleasant my son was drunk,and wanted to fight with everyone. He said ugly things, and seemed confused perhaps. I know that 7 yeas ago he was in the hospital, and at that time we knew of his platelet problem. Here is a little more background information I know when he was a teenager he took drugs mainly pot & drank alcohol. From what I know drugs stopped until the last three  years before he died according to his wife he smoked pot a few times. My son had two DWI's, seemed angry at times, made up lies or believed them usually I was the main victim of his lies. He went from dressing/grooming & staying fit to letting his hair grow out & put on some weight. At the end when I saw him at the funeral home he lost a lot of weight & his  skin looked brownish yellow. I should mention he does have olive skin tone. I was told by a friend of his that visited my son in the hospital that his eyes were yellow & he could barely eat. The last week of his life he was in coma for a for days when he woke up he walked around went home next day, and after being home one day he passed away. I also know that he was sent home on hospice care, and his amino acids were elevated. My question is what type of liver disease did he have? Was my son aware 2 years before he died he was close to death? I ask because after he told me in 2007 he had Aplastic Anemia he was talking about death, and when I got upset he changed the subject. Also can liver disease change someone's personality in regards to lies & not wanting to be around people they love? All this is so confusing & I feel his wife is hiding something. I do not understand why she did not call me or tell me what exactly my son died from.
I wish you all the best Mike I will pray for you & your family. I know you are not asking advice, but from a Mom who lost her 26 year old to live disease please don't push your family & friends away let them be with you. Keep posting, so we know what's going on please.
I feel your sadness I feel it too. I am the same way somedays I can not function not sure how I am. Sending you virtual hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My brother is in the same boat, I want to understand, because he says the same he would rather die then to quit drinking. I cant judge you or tell you your wrong, but maybe being as that you are a doctor you can tell me why... is it depression that causes you to drink and then takes over, or is it the addiction that causes a failing mental status that makes you continue drinking. WHY?? I just want to know WHY you would keep drinking knowing you are going to die... I hope you are still here to answer... I am loosing my mind my heart my own life watching my 34 year old little brother kill him self for a beer... I am literally falling apart because I cannot understand WHY?? Please please tell me
Im so sorry
I notice the question "Why?" comes up a lot so I'll tell you why I still want to drink even though I recently found that my Liver has issues. I'm 49 and have a wife and two daughters. I love them deeply but I have a history of depression. Right now, I do not enjoy life. I have no fun and nothing interests me any more. Drinking is fun for me; I'm a happy drunk. I enjoy life more when I drink. I stopped drinking mainly because  of my liver count but am getting depressed again and really want to start drinking again. That's it.
what do you mean there was a black person?  please explain.
So very True & VERY IMPORTANT  !!!  So Many  People Don't  Have it & Don't  Think of it  Until  it's TOO  Late !!  Mikey
My father died on 4th sept 2014 due to pneumonia. He was treated last month for hepatitis and had liver cirrhosis. He was admitted to hospital on 1st Aug 2014 due to IC bleed (brain hemorrhage ).. Cause was hypertension and high blood pressure. While getting treated for brain swelling and paralysis, doctors found that he also had jaundice and liver cirrhosis.. but he got the wrong treatment for cirrhosis.. He has been given needless transfusions. His INR was 1.24 and platelates count were stabilized to 80000 so there was no need of giving him unnecessary plasma but doctors fed him with almost around 36 bags of blood plasma..Study suggest because of the high mortality associated with pneumonia in cirrhotic patients, it is important for development of pneumonia to be avoided in these patients. I went through research article http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-230X/13/25 It clearly says plasma-based blood products increase transfusion-associated acute lung injury, which affects lung clearance and patients receiving these blood products are prone to develop pneumonia; red blood cell transfusions also increase the rate of pneumonia. In order to prevent cirrhotic patients from developing pneumonia, it is critical to avoid needless transfusions and to prevent influenza infections. My dad died bcoz of pneumonia which was developed by those doctors treating him. They ignored my complains about my dad's cough and swallowing problems which i was doing since he was admitted to medicine ICU (8days) for liver cirrhosis treatment at http://www.wanlesshospital.org/. In the end he died bcoz of pneumonia which could have been avoided by those doctors treating him.
I'm so sorry about your mom. I just lost my 60 yr. old husband . Nine years ago by accident they found out he had hep. b and Cirrohsis from the hep.
As the years went by he was having less strength would sleep more.
   No one explained to us the course of this horrible desease. The last year came all the problems. His stomach had asities which had to be drained 3 times. His legs and feet were swollen. We took him to our local hospital. His  liver dr. Had him transferred to Ma General. They did nothing but give us false hope that he might be put on the transplant list. In the mean time he was suffering from hepatic encepolopthy. That was a heart ache in it self.
      To make a long story short we had him brought home on a Friday with hospice on Friday. I slept on the couch in the living room with him in a hospital bed next to me.  During the night I was giving him morphine.
The next morning he was very agitated. I had the hospice nurse come she gave him something for his anxiety . She told us to call who ever to say goodbye. Which we were all with him our four grown children some grandchildren my brother and his wife. He slipped away at 10:55 am 8/23/14.
   I miss him terribly. 9/12/14 we would have been married 41 years.
    On 9/23/14 our daughter had her baby boy. Joe's soul is going on through
Little Maverick Joseph. Well that's what I was told. I know he is watching us.
God bless you and give you the strength to take care of your mom. Get hospice they are great really.
I realize your loss was two years ago, I feel very sad for your family. I lost my son 10 months ago he had liver disease he was 26. The last two years of my son's life he pushed me away, so I did not know he was ill. I was informed he died the day afterwards by his wife. I am having a hard time making closure. I admit reading all these experiences on this site your nephew died quickly. I know your lives will never be the same. Please know my heart goes out to you & your nephews family.
I am very sorry to hear this and I wish you all the best.iI have lost both my father and grandfather to liver disease and I can tell you it is a very horrible death.I say this to you to prepare you and not to scare you.First there skin and eyes will yellow.Next stage is bloating of the stomach once this happens you will have to take her to the hospital to have it drained.From my experience with my father he bloated 3 times he first two he came home and was good for about 2 weeks and thats when he bloated out again.When the 3rd time happend we took him in and he never came home he passed away in the hospital about 4 days later.So what I can say to you is once she starts getting sick from it.From the start to end is only about 3 to 4 months.once the liver starts to shut down the process is very fast.I wish you and your family all the best
wow not gonna pay for answer already know. SCAM
My mom is 55 years old and was just diagnosed with liver cancer last week. My mom has cirrhosis of the liver, and hepatitis C, she is a nurse and they think it was contracted during school, and training with needles. Anyway my mom did not even know she had cirrhosis or hep c until about 2 years ago when she started vomiting blood and had to be rushed to the hospital. Thank God, my mom has never been an alcohol drinker, or smoker. My mom's GI Doctor referred her to a hepatologist, just in case transplant was necessary, but they first needed to treat the Hep C, and she was not healthy enough for the treatment of Hep C, so they were waiting it out.

My mom knew of her increased risk of developing liver cancer, and they were doing ultrasounds of the liver every six months, and they saw what they thought was a hemangioma, and thought it was non-cancerous. My mother's Hepatologist ordered an MRI last week to be sure the "hamangioma" was not cancer, and sure enough it grew, and it is cancer. Being that my mom's liver is still fully functioning, the hepatologist did not have her on a transplant list yet.

My mom does have the complications from the cirrhosis such as, weight loss (although she has always been thin her entire life), bruises very easy, very slight swelling in the ankles, if you did not know her, you would not think her ankles were swollen at all. My mom also has asthma, and had a very bad lung infection last December which they admitted her, and they pumped her full of so much fluid and steroids, her stomach swelled up like she was 9 months pregnant, and they had to drain the fluid twice, but since she has been home, released the day before Christmas Eve 2014, it took some time for swelling to go down completely, but now she has minimal ascites, you cannot even tell her stomach is swollen. My mom is not jaundice yet, still normal bowel movements, eating fine, and still working.

My mom's Doctor was very comforting, and he told her it's not like this is a death sentence, but he wants to get on the transplant right away. The doctor also said the good news is the cancer started in the liver, and is nowhere else yet. The doctor plans on treating the tumor on her liver with radiation once to hopefully break it down, and then if necessary keep treating the tumor to keep it from spreading while they are waiting on a liver donor, so not only do we know she has cancer, we know for sure she is going to have a liver transplant which is in itself scary.

My siblings and I are going to meet with her transplant team with her as soon as they call her, and they want to start the radiation right away, just waiting on the call to come in. My mom is so scared, I am so scared, but I cannot let her see it, I need to be strong for her, she should not have to comfort me. I keep trying to be positive, and know that makes a big difference, and tell myself most of her current health problems are from her cirrhosis, so if the liver transplant is successful she can end up stronger than before. Plus she could die from the cirrhosis so I always have that worry, cancer or not.

At this point we are very lucky my mom is a candidate for a liver transplant, but she is scared treating the tumor with radiation with throw her into liver failure, but if she chooses to not take treatment it could spread. I am 29 years old, my mom's youngest daughter, I also have a 32 year old brother, and a 38 year old sister and we all love her so much as you can imagine. Our dad died in 1997, and our mom has been our rock, and since my dad died, when I was 11 my worst fear has always been not having my mom, I cannot imagine life without her. I try to tell myself things like I have been lucky to have her this long, not that I am accepting her death, but just a way to cope with the worry I guess. I tell my mom none of us are guaranteed tomorrow, and any of us could get cancer tomorrow. The way I look at it, we knew she had a 100 fold chance of getting liver cancer, and she worried herself sick, so now it's here, no more worry or wonder, and we can hit it head on!

Anyway, we are so scared, and I think one of the worst things right now is knowing there is nothing I can say to her, or anything I can do to make her feel better, or to make her better. My mom has always been the greatest mom, and she has three beautiful grandchildren 12 & 2 (my brothers) and my daughter who is 3. My mom has had a hard life, she has worked hard and rose above so much, and now she says she is finally to a good point in her life and she wants to enjoy her grandchildren, and now she is faced with this. I feel so bad for her, but tell her God works in funny ways, and getting the liver transplant is her best option right now, and having the cancer will get her the transplant she needs, if she did not have cancer, she would still be waiting and wondering how long she has before her liver fails, so if she can get a healthier liver she can be stronger than before.

I find comfort in knowing I can be there for her like she has for me my entire life, like my husband said, she is not going through this alone, we are all right there with her. I love her so much!! She deserves to get to see her grandchildren grow and dance at their weddings, but ultimately that is Gods decision, and I trust in him. She made a remark watching a show "Well I got to see all of my kids get married and see my grandchildren" I bet that is a way for her to comfort herself. I will keep everyone posted once things start moving along, and God Bless!!

I know exactly how you feel. My mom passed away from liver failure just this January right before both of our birthdays. She went into a coma before Christmas and I didn't  get a chance to speak to her since. When she first was admitted to the hospital (Black Friday) they didn't even tell us she was DYING. They just said her liver is in really bad shape but as long as we could get her ammonia levels come down, she would be alright. She got better for a few days, then her lungs began to fail and she slipped into a coma when they sedated her to give her the breathing machine. We had no idea how close to death she was. We knew she was sick, but none of the doctors were ever really upfront and everyone was really cold. This is one of the most excruciating pains to ever deal with. Especially with no closure or answers. My prayers are with you. <3
My husband passed away March 19 due to liver failure brought on by years of drinking, excessive use of painkillers, and Hep C.  He started acting confused, doing strange things like trying to pull electrical wiring out of the wall and throwing pills around, calling out the door for 'help', etc.  I called an ambulance.  Two months later, he was gone.  His abdomen was completely filled with fluid, which they drained several times before putting in a permanent valve...He had wounds that just wouldn't heal, bloody nose, and lost so much weight he was literally skin and bones. The last day I saw him alive, he wouldn't even drink anything.  He was completely unresponsive, other than twitching if I touched him.  The next morning, he was gone.  He was 59.  I am so heartbroken I can barely function.  It's a horrible way to go, horrible for him, and for those of us who witnessed it. I hope he is at peace.  
My ex-girlfriend (33 years old) has been in the hospital for about three weeks and it is really hard to get answers. Her belly is 3-4 times her normal size, she has been a heavy drinker and has been to detox and rehab programs 10-12 times over the last five or so years. She also takes benzos and has been for the last seven or so years. Normally she would detox for a week to a month and go right back to her habit as soon as she was discharged. She is not rebounding like she normally would, they drain the fluid every few days and it comes right back. Her color seems to change from a light yellow to a bright yellow with the fluid level and some days she is with it and others its like she is somewhere else. From what I understand they don't consider a alcoholic on the transplant list for two years post drinking. He vitals are all over the place even her blood sugar is going haywire and I am just really unsure what her outlook is. Has anybody ever survived this or is this her final stages of her life. Its hard to watch even know the doctors told me years ago if she did not stop drinking that this was going to happen. She is just laying in a hospital bed starring at the TV.  I feel I need to do more!!! Should I bring her a stress ball so she can be doing light exercises? or does she not have the strength and needs to rest? Should I be doing some short of light PT or OT. Should I have her favorite music playing? Do you bring her favorite movie and watch it on a lap top... Writing?? reading to her???  
I am sorry for your loss. Did he spend the two months in the hospital?
Hello Laura,
My father just died from a similar issue three weeks ago - liver disease. He seemed fine though he was having some trouble breathing. We were told that he needed to be intubated because he was having too much trouble. We (my sister and I) gave consent over the phone as it was 2:30am. When we arrived at the hospital, a different doctor was waiting to have a family meeting. She rambled on and on until my sister (a nurse) stopped her and told her that we were not changing our minds and she needed to intubate my father. By this point, it was an hour later.

Our plan was to intubate while we waited for the pneumonia to clear up (he had started antibiotics that day). We figured it'd be only a couple of days. Everything was very hectic after that. I ran holding my dad's hand all the way to ICU and then they took him behind the doors and the next time I saw him, he was lying on a table, his eyes open, intubated, spasming, and brain dead (no neural activity they said). While in his room, my father had been asked questions about who the president was and he responded "Obama." When I started to cry, he asked me "What's the matter?" When I told him that I loved him, he said, "I love you too, baby." He was fine. And then, after they took him to ICU, he was not.

I share this because I understand how you feel. The need to have the questions answered - what happened to him is all I think about. I have ordered all of his medical records and they should be arriving by next week. My sister and I have decided to go through them and seek professional advice to get to the bottom of what happened to my dad. We can't rest until we know and I suspect you won't be able to either.

Order the records. Don't take "she was very sick" as a final answer. Find out what happened to your mom. You deserve to know.
I believe the waiting time is now 6 months. My husband couldn't make it for the year we had to wait. His doctor didn't put him on the list, as he was still drinking. If I could go back in time, I would find a doctor who would get him on the list asap (post rehab, which of course rarely works but which is required).
I'm so glad this thread is still going. My mother was diagnosed with Hepatitis C around the time I was born over 20 years ago. She has stage four cirrhosis and diabetes and is currently in hospital and has been deteriorating for the last month. She has severe fluid retention, she is very sleepy and encephalopathic and cannot stay conscious for longer that a few seconds which I fear will only get worse (I at least got to tell her that I love her and she told me that she loves me too when I visited her yesterday, I'm hoping that she might come out of it enough for me to have a proper conversation with her), her urine is dark brown and today her doctor's said that her kidney's are beginning to fail. They have put her on a fluid diet and as far as I know she is eating (I'm visiting her again tomorrow) and they have her on IV fluids but her doctor said it was a balancing act because of her kidney's. They have suggested dialysis but I'm not sure if that is a good option because I don't want her to be in anymore pain or discomfort then she is already. Although I knew that this was going to happen for a very long time but it's just come on so fast. I'm scared of what comes next as well. I've been doing a lot of research into End Stage Cirrhosis/ Liver Failure and I don't know if I could handle watching my Mum bleed out and be in pain. This is such a horrible way to go.

To everyone who has and will continue to come to this forum, I'm so sorry that you also have to go through this. I send all my love and support to all of you. Stay strong!
You are an addict, and it is too late for me or anyone else to pass judgement.  Hey, enjoy the blue sky and the rest of your life.  Pass along a few good words, have fun, don't wallow in self pity like my guy who was always a mean self-pitier.  I was ready to break it off when the cancer diagnosis came down.  Couldn't leave him for the kids sake.   He's not violent, just annoyingly more self-centered and spoiled and self-destructive and blaming me for everything that goes wrong in his life.  He must have been such an a-hole because his job screwed up his cancer disability insurance payments twice.  And this was a civil service job.  Do you know how hard it is to be fired from a civil service job? So darling, unless you are the King of the A-Holes, you have to accept that's where you are. I can't make you get help.  You know what's going to happen to you.  But if you were looking at a friend going through this, what would you do?  So, don't like yourself, eh.  Don't we deserve better than what that bloke in the mirror says we are worth?  Rewind the video dear, to where we began to stop caring about that wee boy.  Cry that tear, man up--play that Cleo Laine record, then find a great museum and see it for the first time.  Then see life again.  Then see if you can stand 15 minutes of sheer silence.  That's your heart beating, man.  You are going to want to drown and come up for air, and run to the bar. You decide.  Time is relative.  You just proved you could do it for a short while.  It is all relative. You're the scientist.  You are so full of it and so empty, what is in between is scary and will save you. Save your lips for the sweet kiss you'll get when you feel worthy of love.
Husband in end stage liver disease and does not want any hospital just to die at home. Vomiting brown this afternoon and asking to be left alone, if he dies he dies. Hard on me but he said he wants to go home to Jesus and not go on and on with this. Will see what happens next and I tell him I love him. So hard on caregivers. He has do not resescitate order so he just wants to leave this world on his terms.
My mother just passed from end stage non alcoholic cirrhosis.  She had the disease for over 30 years starting out as hepatitis.  Up until 3 years ago, she wasn't exhibiting any symptoms to speak of.  Once the symptoms did appear, they were controllable to a degree.  She developed a umbilical hernia last year due to all the ascites.  The doctor and his staff didn't seem to be worried about it, and didn't do anything.  Just "pushed" it back.  She became sick and was rushed to the ER shortly thereafter as the hernia now caused a bowel blockage, and she had to have emergency surgery.  She then developed a blood clot in a horrid hospital ICU here.  This all started the down turn.  She deteriorated greatly within the last year.  Losing weight, the fatigue, constantly have to have the fluids drained, and etc.  I felt helpless.  She did too.  She was a active individual before this disease took over.  She did things for herself.  She no longer could, and it frustrated her to no end.  She wouldn't let me do really anything for her as she was always the strong one.  She did things for herself and dad.  They both were in denial I believe too.  She fractured her pelvis a month ago, and that was the beginning of the end.  Over the month, we had: 3 ER visits, a week in the hospital, 1 1/2 weeks in a nursing home to attempt rehabilitation to get her to walk again, and finally hospice.  In the end, I don't know how much pain she was in.  Her blood pressure tanked, and couldn't be revived.  Her hemoglobin was so low.  They gave us hours.  She ended up lasting 3 1/2 days in hospice.  The alternative was life support and a ventilator.  Sometimes I regret the hospice care.  I sat and watched her die a slow death gasping for air.  No food or water.  This was supposed to be a dignified death keeping her comfortable.  In my eyes, it was inhumane.  She didn't deserve any of this.  Especially that.  If I had to go through it all again, I don't know what I would have done differently.  I do know the health care system here is broken.  Very broken.  It needs fixed someway somehow.  The system isn't the only one at fault.  I also blame the insurance companies that put profit ahead of dignity and compassion.  My only comfort is me being with her when she died and she is no longer in pain or miserable.  She kept hanging on long enough to get to my birthday.  It was obvious.  She died within 5 minutes after midnight on 6/27.  Why she did that, I have no clue.  We bury her tomorrow.  It hurts greatly.          
My brother is in the final stage of Cirrhosis of the liver due to alcoholism.  He and I were adopted, and his mother was a drug/alcoholic so he was born with fetal alcohol affect and became addicted to alcohol as a teenager when he had his first drink.  He tried to go through treatment but was unsuccessful, felt shame, couldn't quite (was born with the DDT's), and so just tried to isolate himself and hide his addiction.  Kind gentle soul... and now he is in the hospital recovering from a GI bleed... yes, he has the distended stomach, edema in his feet, vomiting and passing blood, confusion and forgetfulness, skin starting to break down, not too yellow yet though.  He thinks he has an ulcer that bled and he will be going home in a day or two, even though he knows that he has cirrhosis.  I think that he is scared, and doesn't have much information, though he tries to hide it.  I"m still waiting for lab work results.  Previously, his primary doctor just wrote him off, told him he would be dead within a year, and sent him home.  I hope that the hospital will do more to help him and us manage his care.  It sounds like this is a miserable way to die. I wish I knew how long he has to live... a year, a few months, a few weeks.  Not too sure what to tell him. I'm his only sibling, and mum and dad have passed on.  This all happened yesterday so I'm trying to gain some perspective on this. He isn't eligible for a transplant because he isn't able to quite drinking as the DDT's would probably kill him, so now he drinks a few beers every day.  I've heard about a partial living transplant where a living donor gives part of their liver and am wondering if I could do that for him.  I want to scoop him up and run away with him to Mexico but I know that he wouldn't want that.  It's hard to know how aggressive to be about his treatment, and how much to just do what he says... sometimes I think that he thinks that he's just "not worth it" which makes me very sad.  Thanks for listening.
Bless you.  Care givers are Angels and you've earned your wings.  I'm so sorry for your pain.
My father died of hep c in 2012. I was 23 years old. I was daddy's girl and adored him. Nothing ever happened until i told dad about it and saw him smile and be so proud of me.

Here we are 3 years later and it feels like yesterday. I will tell you the story.

Dad told us kids when I was 13 that he was diagnosed. My mom sat crying on the couch because her 1st husband died in a car wreck and she was so scarred to re live it.

His blood levels were off, thats all he told us. Dad was very protective and didn't want us to know his suffering or worry.  I remember when he had to take the shots and they made him so miserable. that was the first time he ever yelled at me. later he kissed me and told me he was so sorry for  being so harsh. I was not understanding.

Then he did many natural treatments. He talked to other people that had it. He prayed to God every day. We don't know how he got it. I suspect past drug use, i know he used to be a user before I was around.

Then when I was 15 years old, dad had the "flu". he was sleeping on the couch. i had never seen him so sick. I was away at a friends and mom said he just stood up and passed out. She took him to the hospital. He had to have so many blood transfusions. he was internally bleeding from his liver. We were so scarred. The doctor put a Stint in. We all sat in the room crying and the doctor said "do not be so upset, your dad will be ok right now".

And he was that we knew of. i could see his suffering though. his mouth filed with sours. He was very tired and pale. The last two years he lost a tremendous amount of weight. if we brought it up, he just smiled his dad smile and didn't say a word.

Two weeks before he died, he had internal bleeding again. they fixed him but he barely recovered. i was frightened how he looked like a skeleton in the hospital. yet
hi, I was just looking online for an answer to basically the question why my dad wasn't offered a liver transplant when we all said we would be donors....this is before he had any other complications. we are currently going through a legal battle as the hospital in question have admitted they screwed up! anger doesn't cut it! basically I read your message in tears...this is identical to my dad we lost in jan this year! your message hit my heart xxx
Hello, my dad been suffering from liver cirrhosis for 1 1/2 years now, he never drinks or anything they say it&#x27;s a mystery but I think it was due to medication they were not checking his liver while on it, anyway He been through allot before with heart surgery and now it just got worse. To my perspective I believe it all depends on what situation the person is in many people body can give in faster than others. Just pray and hope for the better. My father was walking, eating like everyone else in October two months later now it&#x27;s December he&#x27;s bed bound not able to walk,talk,eat or function like everyone else can I can only give him juice little by little and he&#x27;s in end stage only thing left is to pray for him to not suffer and hope he had a happy life. To answer your question when a person comes to end they will just want to sleep, have yellow to skin and eyes, diarrhea or not responsive that basically the end stage just Comfort your love one and talk to them even if they can&#x27;t talk remember they can still hear you and know you where their to love them...
My mom went to the doctors yesterday for her blood test results. Shes a heavy drinker and has been since before i was born (im 16). She was told that if she couldn't get her liver enzymes down, she'd be dead within 6 months. I just want some answers and no one is giving them to me.

How long was it until you guys saw symptoms in your relatives/loved ones? What do I do? Even if her enzymes do come down, is there a chance she'll still die?
This is kinda long but I hope my story might help someone or someone may have some answers for our family.

I am going through the samething with my mother in law. My father in law passed away very suddenly from cancer. We where told he was in remission and then three days later he died at home on my mother in laws birthday. She has always been kind of dingy and my father in law did everything for her. But this past summer she started locking herself out of the house and car. Backing into things. But then she started saying things like asking my daughter why she was at her house with her boyfriend at 7:30 am waking her up. My daughter was at softball practice.

Thank god for a good friend of hers or it might have taking us to long to notice. We only live five miles from her we have 3 kids and are always on the go as well as her to. But she had started saying things about seeing my father in law. She would say he is out in the wood working shop. He has been dead for 2 years. There is a history of demintia in the family. We found out she was not taking any of her medication. When I called her Doctor she did not seem to worried and told us to monitor her meds and when she had been on them for a couple of weeks see how she was doing then and call her. But she did want us to stop by and get a urine cup and check to see if maybe she had a UTI. (That turned out fine) We set up a med planner an I went over everyday morning, afternoon and night. She had takin them for about three days and I noticed her stomach looked like she was about 8 months pregnant. (56 years old) I have been in the medical field for over 18 years and knew something was really wrong.

I called her primary Doc and she got her right in. They did some blood work and anouther urine test. This was on a Friday afternoon and Monday morning they called and told us we needed to get her the the hospital right away.

3 weeks she was in the hospital. Nothing in her blood work really stood out and they could not figure out why she had so much fluid building up in her abdomen. That day they took of 6 liters of fluid. 3 days later they took off anouther 4. Blood work everyday and still nothing. They did a CT scan on the 6th day and seen her liver was enlarged and decided to do a biopsy. That's when they told us she had chirosis of the liver. They started her on lactulose and said her ammonia levels where high and that was causing confusion.

Now this whole time I am asking how her confusion was doing and if they noticed it and they where dismissing it. Said she was fine. I even called out one Doctor who had seen her 3 days in a row who told me she did not seem confused and she was pretty with it. I asked him if she was really with it why did she just ask u guys to shut the windows cause the wind was blowing in her and making her cold. The Windows do not open in the rooms. She also told us she did not sleep very well that night cause her dead husband was shooting coyotes outside cause they where chasing the chickens.

I am going to try and shortin this up some but I have never had such a bad experience as we did with her. Her ammonia levels never really got high. The highest they ever got was 52, and when I questioned how that could be causing the confusion I was told he was not really sure because it's not really a problem until they get to be over 100.

When we asked how bad her liver was as in what stage she was in? We where told they don't go by stages and that her liver was really bad and decompensated and she would need a liver transplant. Never gave us a MELD score or a life expectancy nothing. They did question me how I knew about the MELD score and that was it.

We where told she would need full time care and that she needed to go to a nursing home. We had a million questions and none of them seemed to matter to them. She was in a nuersing home for 21 days until she did start getting better and her insurance would no longer pay. But about a week before we where told that my husband and I sat down and had a long talk that she is only 56 years old and we hated to see her in a nuersing home. I quit my job and we moved her in with is and I take care of her full time.

The 21 days she was in the nursing home she did have fluid taking off onetime and they took of 5 liters then. The Doctor there did not seem to worried about it and that was a big factor with us not keeping her there. My biggest thing is she has gotten so mean an is singling all her anger at one person and that person is me. I know she is in a lot of pain and her Doctor will not give her anything and told her to take Tylenol. She weighs 98 pounds. She has lost about 38 pounds since this has all started. All of her swelling has went down and she has not had to go back to get fluid taking off for a month now. She hates taking the lasick pills and the lactulose cause she has to wear depends. Sometimes more a lot more then I would like her to she flat refuses to take her medication.

We did find out finally she has a fatty liver and the medication Methotrexate for her RA caused the chirosis. Her RA Doc did blood work every 3 months and nothing looked out of the ordinary. Just like at the hospital. Her GI Doc did finally tell us after he gave us the run around that with the way her liver is if she does not get the transplant she will not make it over a year.

My other thing is she is 56, she has RA, the chirosis has started causing damage to her heart. It has caused bleeding in her stomach and they did diagnose her with the early stages of dementia. We are going to see a hepatologist on the28th of this month to see what they say.  Thank you for reading my story I am sorry it was so long but if could help someone who is in our same shoes I am glad to help. If anyone has went through anything like us I would love to here ur story.
I'm going through the exact same thing. My mom had signs and symptoms for years of liver failure and she kept being brushed aside. 2 years of nose bleeds, large abdomen, itchy skin, anemia and confusion.  Six months ago she was finally told she had cirrhosis from a fatty liver, but wouldn't need a transplant for a few years. Early January 2016, she had an esophageal scope and varices were noticed and banded. A week later, Jan 16, she started throwing up blood. She was rushed by ambulance to the ER. 5 hours later the hospital did a scope and saw she never stopped bleeding (i seriously don't know why it took 5 hours. They knew she had varicies).  They gave her 10 units of blood and banded the varices.  They put a breathing tube in her to protect her lungs. She had TIPS procedure done the next day to help prevent another esophageal varices bleed. A week later she woke up and tube removed, but the next day she felt like she couldn't breath and started convulsing. They resedated and reintubated her. Then things got worse.  She got an Pneumonia, had bilateral effusion in her lungs, pulmonary edema. The blood transfusions reacted with her and she got TRALI. 3 days later I noticed her rectal bag was black, next day she was bleeding again but from the breathing tube rubbing her throat. That required more blood transfusions.  The lungs took another hit from transfusions . We were asked by the drs for her to have a trach put in, but only for comfort. Than the dr.s speculated she developed ARDs. She has 3 insurances, but the hospital said she had to go to an LTAC. So after being there for 3 weeks she was transferred.  After five days in the LTAC her rectal bag was black but not addressed. Next day a liter of blood was taken out of her stomach. She was rushed to ICU where she was resuscitated two times.  Again, more blood transfusions and her lungs got another hit. Two days later, her kidneys decided to stop working right. Than last monday, she threw up blood. Another bleed.. more transfusions.For a week and a half, the hospital has been pushing us to end life support. I don't know how this happened?! Her meld was a 7 in November,  a 14 a month ago and is now a 30! And they won't do a transplant for her. She's 65. She's not young, but this isn't her time. Now they tell us she is in a coma.. she has been sedated since jan.24. No more sedation medication but she won't wake up. Anytime they would lower sedation, they said she had panic attacks that caused pulmonary edema from her BP raising so high. But no one ever checked her brain. When she threw up all the blood, she passed out and my brother found her on the ground covered in blood.
It's a horrible situation.  And there's no use talking to drs. I told them she has trali. They ignored me. Next day They said she has trali.
If you or anyone you know has varicies, address bleeds as fast you can. Transfusions can do more damage. Should be avoided until necessary.  I know if my mom would of been treated like an emergency,  she wouldn't of required as much blood and plasma and maybe her lungs wouldn't of been effected.
My Dad was given 3 months to live.  He stopped drinking and lived another two years.  He only died because he couldn’t handle being sober and went back to drinking.  After 6 months of drinking he was dead.  He believed that since he was able to save his liver once that he would be able to do it again.  The problem was that he didn’t have the same support system that he had the first time and he was using old medication from the first incident.  

If you want her to live, make sure she has a reason to live and has the support to quit.  
My friend is only 31 years old. I am 27 and never thought this could happen to someone I care about for at least another 10-20 years. I also didn't realize how much he was drinking. He lives with my boyfriend and I. He started getting flu like symptoms December 2015. He says he just felt so weak that getting up to get a glass of water was difficult. He was always in his room and we thought he was suffering from depression, when really he was just constantly drained of energy. He missed alot of work as well. Soon after he thought he overdosed on robitussin and hallucinated/acted out this weird horrible scenario which is a story in itself. He got nosebleeds as well. Now looking back, it was because his liver couldn't filter out the medicine. I told him to go to the doctor and he has to this day not told any doctor about that event. He became jaundiced and doctors wanted to run a number of tests and did not come to a diagnosis. Well, 2 months ago he was admitted to the hospital for 4 days after he decided to go to the ER. They drained a bunch of fluid from his stomach (10 Liters) and did colonoscopy and endoscopy and he mentioned veins in his neck. He originally told us they had thought liver failure but apparently dismissed it blaming something else to which I can't remember. He started seeming better, was more social, going to work on more of a regular basis. We thought he was good to go. Although he has been drinking glasses of southern comfort every night still with poor diet and no exercise since his hospital visit. He lost alot of weight in the last month and my boyfriend heard him throwing up the other night. Friday morning at 530 he fell and made a hole in the wall (he said he tripped over the dog)..now i think that was a lie. While my boyfriend and I were at work, he drove to his moms where he vomited profuse amounts of blood and had blood coming out the other end, he collapsed and fell down stairs. They called an ambulance and was put into the ICU with hemaglobin of 4. They sedated and paralyzed him so he could try to stop fighting the meds for 48 hours. They hooked him up to breathing machines. Less than 18 hours after being admitted, the family was called in because he was not looking good. They are supposed to wean him off sedation today. And his vitals are stable now. That is all I know as of now and I'm scared for his future. I have been fortunate enough to not lose any close friends or family members and I'm not sure I'm ready for it. I know his prognosis is probably not  good. My boyfriend and I went in his room last night and there was a bucket full of blood, just blood, nothing else, and his mattress was covered in blood as well..thick dark blood. We wish he would have told us how he's been feeling and we wonder if he's known he may have liver disease.
Hi all I would like to say is I'm feeling all of the hurt from all of you here, I have spent many hours reading I my self just got diagnosed with chronic liver disease stage 4 and I felt pretty much hopeless and of course feeling I was destined to meet my maker before time but in all honesty I have never been one to back down and I'm here to let you all know chronic liver disease can be maintainsd beaten I got a second opinion from another doctor he was trying different medication on me for depression after 2 months of being on lithium carb my LFT count has halved I believe lithium plays a big part for me but please consult you doctor as  I am not qualified in this area also centa -vite vitamins along with betamin1 I am also finding milk thistle really good as most people are aware the liver has an amazing ability  to  repair itself I was told by my doctor my bloods are looking much better  I have also got in-touch with a  dietitian she has told me basically get as many carbs in as possible my first doctor advised me different normal milk ok soya is best and 3 tetra packs of ensure heaps of vegetable blanched and of course if you are drinking abstain I gave up there a people out there I thought the world was full of doom and gloom bottom line is if we don't do something about it and get a second opinion we are robbing our-self of our rite to life please for the love of god understand nothing is impossible all about diet exercise and the rite medication why you have an ounce fight in you please fight I bought myself a little jack Russell p now walking 2 times with her and some times I am so tired at the end of the day's at the end of the walk I'm generally a bit tired and I can feel a ten pound dog pulling me up the hill she won't let me quit and that's not an option sorry about the long message think about that little dog's spirit hope this inspires many bless you all <B Gazza
my friend have suffered with hepatitis(not sure of the type)and liver damage.he was admitted to a local hospital where he was given iv treatment.suddenly he got serious and reffered to another hospital where he was kept in icu.after few days he shifted to normal ward and within three days his bp levels went below normal and shifted again to icu.and he was dead the next day.we are not sure how he was dead whethee due to negligence or liver damage is not curable since he was declared to be normal and suddenly he was dead.please help with some advice
A man who I've known and loved for 9 years died from cirrhosis of the liver this week. He was an alcoholic. He was only 49 yrs old. I thank all of you for posting your thoughts and feelings and for sharing the details of your experiences about those that you've lost. Robert and I met through my son...they worked together at the time. Right away I liked him. We enjoyed so many of the same things and I cherish so many wonderful memories. Several years before we met, Robert and his wife divorced and he began to drink excessively. He drank himself into a coma and was hospitalized for a month. He came out of it, recovered and went into a 6 month rehab program but he had a disagreement with one of the directors there. He left and didnt graduate. After we became a couple I began to realize that he was drinking again. There were so many lies and so many broken promises...I would give him ultimatums and he would quit for awhile then I'd start smelling it on him and he would deny drinking and at times I thought I was losing my mind and would doubt myself thinking maybe I was imagining it. While we were together, he lost at least 4 different jobs. It took awhile but I began to learn that nothing I did or didnt do was going to stop him from drinking. He was going to have to want sobriety for himself. I loved him and couldnt stand to watch him kill himself. One day I asked him if he would choose sobriety for us and 2 days later he moved out telling me he believed he could handle a beer or 2 but because I did not believe that he could, he didnt want to put me through any more. After that we saw each other occasionally. We never lost touch. I never stopped loving him. The last communication we had was a text he sent 3 months ago from another state where he had moved. He said he missed and loved me and said everything was great. A few nights ago I got the call from his aunt telling me he had been in the hospital for 3 weeks on a morphine drip and had passed away that evening. My mind doesn't compute the thought that he is no longer living. He is no longer walking, talking or breathing on this earth. I had never stopped praying for him. A part of me had held out hope for him, that he could get well and that maybe someday we could be together. I grieve the loss of a man I loved dearly, a man who was a father to two children, he was a son, a brother, an uncle. I wanted to know how he may have died in the hospital. I wasnt there and it doesnt seem real that he is gone. Because of what everyone has shared and written here, somehow it has helped me to accept the reality of his death. I pray he has peace and thank God he is no longer suffering. This "disease" is so deceitful. It fools the alcoholic into believing there's no problem. It is so destructive, it destroys bodies, minds and touches endless lives. May you Robert and may all those that have been written about in all of these comments rest in peace eternally.
My mother was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver a couple of years ago. 6 months after she was diagnosed she had varicee bleeding. She is 76 years old today. Her cirrhosis is from complications of lupus. She has an average of an egd every two months to stop the bleeding. About 3 months ago she developed ascities with edema in feet and ankles. She couldn&#39;t eat and was very uncomfortable. They would not do a tap to release the pressure but gave her Lasik. The ascities never truly goes away. She just has varying amounts of fluid. Today she is very weak. Having trouble standing. She looked pale and even a little ashen. I&#39;m not sure how much more she can take. She doesn&#39;t have any muscle left as she is also suffering from wasting. What I find strange is her labs come back almost normal.
My father was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis in the February of last year, on Valentine's Day. It began as 'fluid on the liver', meaning he had to be drained regularly otherwise he looked like he was pregnant. In fact, when he was in hospital once, a young boy referred to him as 'the pregnant man'. In and out of hospital for months, mid summer he was referred to a strict hospital in Cambridge for a transplant. He didn't get it. We all thought it was from something in his blood that I shan't divulge in on here, but really, we all knew it was because the transplant would likely kill him and his liver was already too badly damaged. After returning home, still managing to smile, he went on two seaside holidays and on the Harry Potter Studio Tour, occasions we now realise formed his personal bucket list, and then, in late August, after a consultation with doctors, we were told he had a few days left to live. This was a Thursday. He died the following Saturday. But his last few days were lovely. It was more of a 'just die already' feeling I had after months of putting up with his 'I'm ill do whatever I want' demeanour, but not because I wanted him to, but so that he would be at peace. Anyway, in his last few days, spent at home in his own bed which I still sleep in to this day, he watched his favourite films, was visited by his loved ones and had his son (that's me by the way) constantly by his side, repaying him for all the times he had looked after me when I was poorly (from stomach bugs to a busted elbow) growing up. I'm eighteen now and it feels like he's taught me everything he knew and has now set me off in life, his job being accomplished, and has taught me to be constantly living for the day and not regretting anything. It was a nice last few days for him, really.

- An Ally
My brother drank for almost 8yrs i knew he drank alot but it wasnt until he took himself to hospital in 2014 cause he knew sonething wasnt right. Here i thought he was getting chunky and it was a bloated belly. They had to stick needle in and pulled out alot of fluid. I asked dr if he was gonna die she said im not goin to say he is but im not going to say that hes not i will say if he doesnt stol drinking now he is going to die. He was released and by july he was drinking again ended back in hospital this time he was yellow as the sun. When released i begged and fought with him to get help he was only sibiling i had but he always had excuse. He couldnt quit cold turkey he shook and had siezures anytime after that i talk to him he was always sick sounding sayin he had to sleep sitting up was afraid to fall asleep stomach hurt real bad. Come march 22nd 2015 it all ended i recieved a phone call from my dad sayin BUBS GONE WE LOST YOUR BROTHER. My mother could not walk in his home so i being the only sibiling had to clean it out. Not to be to graphic but im telling story so othets can see the signs BUT his toilet was FULL almost to the top with black stool with bloody vomit in a waste paper bascket in front of toilet couple tissue leadin from bathroom to his bedroom to where i was told he was found on his bed. Going thru his things i noticed he wrote EVERYTHING down like DONT FOR GET TO WATCH a certain movie ON THIS DAY or CALL MOM ASK HER and MAKE SURE I CALL FOR APPT i came to realize its part of the last stage he was forgetting thongs so he wrote them down. I had people tell me he startex getting paraniod over things thats in the last stage as well he was yellow also last stage. He drank himself to death alot of drs and people think alcoholics deserve what they got. But thats not true they had an addiction addictions are not funny and and addict dont deserve what they get what they needed to get was HELP so when there back hurts stomach hurts belly bloats yellow skin forgetting things they are close to losing there life this is all i know of the liver when owned by a drinker
My dad passed away 17th July 2017 he was a alcoholic with hepatitis c he was diagnosed in 2014 with liver failure they offered him treatment with a transplant but my dad made the choice to receive no treatment only a drain to remove fluid from his stomach he had that once few months after being diagnosed, they wanted him to take medication if he was not going to have the treatment but yet again he refused, he carried on drinking 8-10 cans a day of strong larger he ate at most couple fish cakes a week he went on like that until the 11th July he was admitted into hospital he had varicose veins in his stomach and wind pipe and these had ruptured he was at home for 2 weeks prior admission bleeding from his back passage and stayed quite about it, it was not until his partner found him unconscious on the floor at this point he was vominting blood so they rushed him into a&e he had 3 pints of blood given to him and taken into surgery to repair the veins they managed to stop the bleed but my dad was unconscious for 3 days in intensive care unit he finally pulled round beyond belief of the consultants they removed him from there care into a ward on the 4th day he devolved a chest infection his stomach was like he was 9months pregnant he was just skin and bone they could not do a drain on his stomach because his liver was in complete failure his blood was not clotting so they could not do the procedure on him. And that's when they took me into a side room and told me my dad has days maybe a week left to live I was heartbroken my dad was going to be taken and there was nothing I could do or the hospital could do, I had to make the decision to do no resuscitation or life support as it's only prolonging the heartache and pain for my dad, hardest decision I have ever had to make!  My dad was 58 years old I am 30 and all because of alcohol I lost the one and only man in my life, 17th July it was on a Monday I went into the hospital dad was having a bad morning they pulled me aside and warned me dad might pass away any moment I went in and sure enough my dad looked like he was meeting his maker I held his hand and told him it's ok he is ok I am ok and that I love him and within 5 minutes of that I had him from his death bed to sat up on his bed drinking and feeding him ice cream he was very confused and away with the fairys but he picked right up as the day went on he was complaining of some pain so the hospital gave him morphine and with that he was asleep for the rest of the afternoon so I left him peacefully asleep thinking I still have a bit of time I went home to get myself together I had a phone call from the hospital my dad had passed away within a hour of me leaving the nurses could not believe how quickly things changed they was sorting dad out laid his bed down looked at him and he was gone! They did not even have a chance to call me to get me back it happen that quickly. All I can take away from it was that my dad felt no pain he went peacefully and he did not know what was happening, 6 days of start to finish it all happened so quickly we didn't have time to think, and even know I can not accept the fact my dad is no longer with us. It's not something I wish on my worst enemy and I feel for anyone going through this or gone through this it's tough seeing the one you love go through such a thing! sorry it's all still very raw.
When I was 26 years old, I learned my HBsAg was reactive when I was required to undergo medical exam for an employment (so depressed I wasn't hired and the doctor had to write in big words, 'not fit to work' on my medical result clearance). It was my first time to be tested with that kind of blood work, so I have no idea when I contacted hepatitis B virus. My husband and I are the only ones who knew about my situation. I am so embarrassed and ashamed because hepatitis B is considered as an STD, like the infamous AIDS/HIV. My husband has no hepatitis B (thankfully) but I fear that even with his hepatitis B vaccine, he will get my disease, though doctors assures us he is safe from me.I always sleep longer than usual on weekends, always tired, often experiences tummy ache, sometimes unexpected skin itchiness/rashes, arthritis, irregular bowel movement and am temperamental But today am totally cure with the help of this clinic i came across on this web FORUM, the clinic name (HEALTH MED LAB)  here is their email CONTACT THEM IF YOU ARE diagnosed OF HEPATITIS B VIRUS or any other sickness  ***@****