Grief & Loss Community
Loss of a Child That Never Was
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Loss of a Child That Never Was

In 2009, I had endo removal surgery. I was told that there was very little chance that I would ever be able to have my own kids. I'm OK with adoption, but that's expensive.  
Sometimes I morn the child I wanted all my life. I see all of these people around me getting pregnant.  People always ask about when it is my turn.
I love children more than anything in the whole world. I am a super aunt, and a nanny. That is still not the same.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1346146_tn?1299364097
Hi there I am sorry you are dealing with this.  Are there any other doctors you can see? The only reason I ask this is because I was told I was in early menopause by three different doctors but I don't take no for an answer very well.  I finally found a wonderful RE who was able to help me.  I had several issues(diagnosed by the re) endo being one of them along with age related fertility issues.  I was able to have a little girl last february thanks to my stubborness.    I do understand where you are coming from.
Blank
1346146_tn?1299364097
Ugggg!  Stupid smart phone.  Your right being an aunt is not the same and people don't understand.  Good luck to you.
Blank
No I can't see a doctor about this, because my insurance won't cover it, and there is no way I can afford it. The other thing about that is I have so many medication allergies. I would be scared I would have a reaction to something like that.
Blank
1346146_tn?1299364097
My insurance only covered diagnosis only.  I was able to get a loan for the medicines I had to take.(my out of pocket costs were around $1500 for everything)  I hate insurance.  You would think if you are paying the premium it should cover everything.  Good luck to you.
Blank
172411_tn?1287089865
i no the feeling all to well i was dignosis with endo in july 2011 we have tried over and over and all is failed attemps i have 2 children that ive been blessed with. i no i shouldnt complain i have 2 but it still hurts. then in jan 13 2012 my mother was dignosised with cancer and i had to stop trying and start lupron shots so i could care for her. so i no how u feel, keep trying and hope it will take. i wish u best of luck endo truely is a nasty thing.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Grief & Loss Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...