Grief & Loss Community
My Dad

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

My Dad

my dad was diagnosed with hep c almost 7 years ago. he stopped goin to the dr. because he wont stop drinking. he has cirrhosis of the liver i am just trying to figure out what stage hes in or if his symptoms are normal. his abdomen is swollen pretty bad he says he is in pain, he does look a lilttle yellow, he has diarreha often, coughing up blood, bloody stools, and he has nose bleeds almost every day. can anyone please help me and tell me where hes at?
I'm so sorry that you are having to watch your dad go through this.  Not being doctors it's difficult for us to say where he is. He's made a decision to not fight for his life and that's not going to change at this point.  Use whatever time that's left to let your dad know how much you love him, and try to find some good times to laugh about.  Alcohol is his demon and one which not everyone can overcome.  Just be there for him and make every minute count and leave nothing left unsaid.  I'm sure he loves you very much but the alcohol is controlling him.  Let him know it's okay and that you love him no matter what.
I hope this helps, my thoughts and prayers are with you both.
i really thank you for the support it is very hard dealing with since he pretty much is giving up
I know it's hard...he's your dad.  Don't blame him for giving up, I think he's lived with his demons for quite sometime and is just tired.  Make your last moments really count and he will live on in you.  Live a life that shows what a wonderful son he raised....a great tribute to him and yourself.  Take care.