Grief & Loss Community
Will Family make good on policy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

Will Family make good on policy

If a family member passes away and they found out that they had cirrhosis of the liver, will the life ins. company pay on the policy.  I have a friend who's asked me this question on a few occasions.
That is an odd question, but not knowing what country you are from, it is impossible to say. I don't know why they would here in the US, at least I have never heard of disease discrimination. Why does this "friend" need to know this? Anyway, asking that type of question here is maybe not the best source of information. Most of us here are grieving the loss of a loved one and are focusing on our losses.
Very uncomfortable with this question and I completely agree 100% with Caroline. Why would your friend want to know this? We are all here focusing on our loss and how to simply survive our loss not what insurance will pay after death.
You two,this is supposed to be a place of understanding,not judgement.Its important to have the money to pay for the service and final resting place of your loved ones.Please try to have a bit more compassion.Think before you write!Thank you,Jen