Grief & Loss Community
end stage cirrhosis?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

end stage cirrhosis?

My husband is an alcoholic and has been for at least the last 14 years. He is now so ill he don't go out his face is yellow his stomach is swollen and he is constantly feeling sick all the time. HIs body is in agony all the time too. Has anyone had any experience with anything like this. He is convinced he is dying and is too scared to go to hospital. IF this Is cirrhosis I need to know what to expect his gp has been useless , if anyone could give me any advice I would really appreciate it. THanks
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
332074_tn?1229564125
He is dying, and that is the hardest thing to have to say to someone. I watched my Uncle go through the ending stages of cirrhosis, and it was really hard. At this point in his disease, there really is nothing more the doctors can do for him. If he is afraid to go to the hospital don't make him. He needs to have the control he wants while he comes to the end of his life. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Blank
Thank you, it's so hard seeing him like this I don't know what to do. We can't even give him anything for the pain.
Blank
I won't accept that he is dying maybe that is naive of me I don't know. Some days it seems like he is starting to get better then he gets worse. NOw he won't eat anything at all  if he forces himself to eat he vomits it up straight up again. I love him so much and its getting harder to hide it from our children they know something is wrong but I can't tell them exactly what is wrong even though I know deep down that they know what is going on. Kids are so wise these days. How do I stay strong enough to help them as well as my husband and myself. I will not give up even though my husband has and I will do what e er it takes to help him. ANy advice would be much appreciated thanks.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Grief & Loss Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...