endstage liver disease
i . have been diagnoced with end stage liver disease and have not yet found out if i am a candidate for a transplant.
i was wondering what to expect if i do not get a new liver or if i decide not to have the transplant.  what am i to expect of my death.  pain level, etc.  can i stay at home or would it be better for family if i werent around them.  any personal experiences with this would be appriciated.  i need to know how to prepare right now while i still can.
We left hospice yesterday after  my sister in law passed
she had  liver and kidneys shut down.
She was in hospice 2 days, were she was more comfortable than in hospital.

She was not aware of her surroundings.
She had been  in hospital 4 days,  doctors , and in confused state, it was nto as bad as other stories seemed to have indicated on here.

I hope you do well.
I think it depends on what you want and your family.  I hope you are able to get a transplant.  This would be wonderful.  But, I do think you need to know all of your options.  Just because you consult with hospice doesn't mean that is a solid decision.  You can see what they have to offer.  I do know they not only are there for you but very much there for your family also.  There is nothing wrong with a Plan A,B,C.  Sometimes, unfortunately, insurance companies say how long you can be in the hospital.  That is something you will have to check on.  I am sorry you are having to do all of this and will be praying for a transplant option-if this is what you want.  I wish you all the best.
I am 50 yr old female. Was diagnosed 9 yrs ago with cirrohsis. Maintaining fair.but have esoph. Varacies they want to band. Not wanting to do that for fear of infections. Also, I did not get it fro. Drinking(NASH)and will be good candidate for transplant. But dont think I want one. The rejection meds I hear are hell on you, and other complications could make you even sicker. Quality vs quantity??
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!