Grief & Loss Community
endstage liver disease

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

endstage liver disease

i . have been diagnoced with end stage liver disease and have not yet found out if i am a candidate for a transplant.
i was wondering what to expect if i do not get a new liver or if i decide not to have the transplant.  what am i to expect of my death.  pain level, etc.  can i stay at home or would it be better for family if i werent around them.  any personal experiences with this would be appriciated.  i need to know how to prepare right now while i still can.
Tags: entstage liver disease, liver. liver disease, disease, family, transplant, Pain
We left hospice yesterday after  my sister in law passed
she had  liver and kidneys shut down.
She was in hospice 2 days, were she was more comfortable than in hospital.

She was not aware of her surroundings.
She had been  in hospital 4 days,  doctors , and in confused state, it was nto as bad as other stories seemed to have indicated on here.

I hope you do well.
I think it depends on what you want and your family.  I hope you are able to get a transplant.  This would be wonderful.  But, I do think you need to know all of your options.  Just because you consult with hospice doesn't mean that is a solid decision.  You can see what they have to offer.  I do know they not only are there for you but very much there for your family also.  There is nothing wrong with a Plan A,B,C.  Sometimes, unfortunately, insurance companies say how long you can be in the hospital.  That is something you will have to check on.  I am sorry you are having to do all of this and will be praying for a transplant option-if this is what you want.  I wish you all the best.
I am 50 yr old female. Was diagnosed 9 yrs ago with cirrohsis. Maintaining fair.but have esoph. Varacies they want to band. Not wanting to do that for fear of infections. Also, I did not get it fro. Drinking(NASH)and will be good candidate for transplant. But dont think I want one. The rejection meds I hear are hell on you, and other complications could make you even sicker. Quality vs quantity??
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!