good pastures syndrome
I just lost my 8 year old daughter..they say she had something called good pastures syndrome. it happened so fast, they said she had strep throat and 2 days later she was gone. i need to iknow if anyone has any information about this disorder. also i still have a 3 year old daughter and need to know if this is hereditary..no one seems to know.
hi cloeybaby,..........i would just like to say im deeply sorry for your loss ,......im sorry to say i never heard of good pastures syndrome ,........but if you ask in the my med help ,.or the d,r,s forum ,........they might be able to tell you ,..........i wish you look in finding what you want to know about it ,.............

I first must say that my heart goes out to you. But I think that what I read at the site I found actually sounds a lot like what I had when I was five.
My mom had just told me about periods. I was in kindergarten and I must have asked my mom what a pad was when I saw them in her bathroom. But she was on the phone when she said that I interrupted her phone call and said I had blood in my potty. She kind of just brushed me off thininking that I was trying to be like her and periods but later she thought about it and told me to show her the next time I used the restroom. I remember the day before not feeling too good and my mom making me eat poached egg on toast for dinner the night before. I think I had strep throat or was coming down with it. I remember having very little appetite. My mom said that the next time I showed her, the toilet looked as red as a test tube of blood. She rushed me to the doctors and later to the hospital. I had my 6th birthday in the hospital and remember having to have bedrest for the summer. I had to go on a salt free diet. They told me that I had something called Acute Merril Neuprhritis. Somehow I became allergic to the strep bacteria in my body and had an allergic reaction. My mom said that my body swelled up to twice the size and they almost lost me.
I am fine now and I think it was just a fluke. It was no one's fault it is just one of those things that happens rarely.
I am so sorry for your loss. But if it makes it better, I don't think it was anything you did or could have prevented. I am not sure why I pulled through and others don't. My prayers are with you.

write in search: Goodpastures Syndrome I think the site will pop up.