Grief & Loss Community
hearing the dead

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

hearing the dead

i wanna no something that came to my attention today. 3 wks after my mother passed away i heard her say my name KRIS it was late at nite kinda took my breath away my animal jumped and got scared so there was something there. 5wks i heard my aunt say when i went there she heard her singing. she used to sing to the kids and that was late also. then 7wks just a few days ago i was having a bad nite was in a robe and underwear. i bent down and i heard someone whisle at me. today a lady came over to study the bible and she told me this was not my mother this was a demon and that i needed to pray to god which i do already so. i dont no what to believe i dont no what the truth really is and will i no. i no of others whom has spoke about hearing a loved one. i belive my mother is with me and my children but this subject kinda hurt when i was told this. how many people here believe the dead is talking or if it is demons?
The same thing happens to me today ... And searching for a answer I found your post..
I don't know what that means but after my mother passed for about 1 month someone or something would come to my bed and sat on it.I would jump up and cut the light on and wouldn't see nothing .I would go downstairs and ask my husband if he came into our bed room and sat down on our bed for a second and he said no . He was watching TV But this happened to me every night for about 1 month and i still cant explain it to this day.
  That IS your mother visiting you!!!  Don`t let anybody convince you it is a demon!!!   We are all part of a greater energy where everything is connected to everything. When our bodies die, we go back to being a part of that great energy. If you go back to the times before King James had the priests write a Bible in his version, you would see that all the cultures in the world believed we are alll connected to everything living. I could go really deep into this but it would take a long time. But I believe with all of my being that when we die, our spirit (soul) goes back to being a part of that great energy and if you heard your mother say something to you, then that is what happened. Why wouldn`t it be her?? Why does it HAVE to be a demon??  My mom and friends visit me from time to time and I can hear them saying things. I dont always understand them, but I know it is them. It is great that you are open minded enough to be able to hear them. Many people are so close minded and brain washed by what King James said in HIS version, that they will never know until it is too late for them. Keep in mind that King James chose to leave many books and parts out of the Holy Bible. Ever wonder why??  
  Dan
That  is an illusion and it is how Satan works.  You cannot conjure up the dead.  they do not "visit" us and talk.  

that lady who came to your home to read the bible was correct.  God is truth.
You need to pray.  Illusion is the work of Satan.
You are not talking demons. I believe there is a life after death and the dead can sometimes communicate through the veil, albeit briefly, and then only for a short time after their death. I don't tell my "voice's stories" because they identify me as a madman. but I have heard them several times. Voices of the dead. On one ocasion, I was home and awakened by a voice that gave me an order to rapidly get dressed. A command. I don't know why I did so, but it ordered me rto run across town, and get on a subway train headed to a destination where I knew nobody. I ran. And when I got to the station the voice told me to run for the train. Mind you I had no reason whatsoever to take the train, I sat down feeling foolish. Then the train began to move. At the end of the car a young woman had been caught in the closing doors. The conductor was not paying attention and the train was on a slightly curved platform. Contrary to popular belief subways can move with the doors open. The train started and she was being dragged along the platform. We were in the last motor (car). I had to push my way through the crowd to grab for the emergency air brake at the other end of the car. I dynamited the brakes just before we entered the tunnel. The train braked six inches before she would have had her body cut in two by the tunnel support. Thejn the voice said "you can go home now". And from that day on I developed a belief in God.
Belive the Bible, once our love ones are gone they are gone.  i to belive and have heard they are Demons dont take a part of it , get rid of them
I say believe what you want to believe.  Don't let anyone tell you what is right.  If you take comfort in believing your mom is with you and these are signs of such then that is what is right for you.  I too have known the comfort of a lost loved one.  When they are there you know it is real, so take comfort in those moments but remember that it is best to move on.
ive expericened more things that happened to me and do not believe these are demons at all and this it is my mother with me. she sat next to me in bed while at a reltitives house my daughter seen her sitting there next to us and told me about this the next day i did not see her but i felt someone sit next to me. then just the other day a ballon in my living room floating threw my house all the way down the stairs to my basement where i was at stood infront of me and just floated it was amazing the things that ive seen happen. i do take comfort in this. if it was a demon why is it not doing anything bad its all stuff that i could see my mother doing. she loved me alot and im sure more than anything she makes stops to check on me to make sure im okay. its a great feeling knowing she is still with me.

Dear caregiver222
<<>> That is ludicrous!  Did you read somewhere a timeline that they hang out here? Did your dead ones not go to Heaven?

and also to ksanden

When people die they go to Heaven because Jesus died on the cross to redeem us of our sins and open the gates of Heaven.  There is also a Hell for those who chose not to believe in the teachings of Jesus or to keep his commandments.

At the time of death, Jesus comes to get us.  That is the reason that dead people have their eyes open at the moment of death. They see Jesus, and the beatific vision is too great for the human body so the body has a heart attack. By the time the body is having a heart attack, the person is already in Heaven before that.

The devil has the power to assume pleasing shapes! Beware!  Pray for faith if you do not already have it or if it is weak.  These are the end days of the Bible!!!!  Jesus fights off the Devil if you ask Him to because He is stronger than the devil.

I have lost my family and many friends who have died.  They do not linger and they do not come back.

If you are feeling your loved one's presence it is either that you are thinking about them in your own heart at the time. Or, worse, that you are falling under the mesmerism of evil that is taking over this world because there is not enough prayer.. no other reason

Cead