Grief & Loss Community
how to move on???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

how to move on???

I just had a miscarriage couple days ago.. I'm on my 14th wk 4days gestation.. its the most traumatic event of my life. Me and my husband waited for soooo long to have a baby and this is our first baby. I can't help but cry everytime I remember how my baby looked like.. we're supposed to have a boy my doctor told me.. and it kinda made the feeling worst at the same time relieved knowing my baby's gender..

I don't know how to cope up with this tragic event of my life.. I try not to think too much about it, but I can't help it.. its my little angel.. my son.. that I've been waiting for so long.. if anybody have had experienced this before I would like to know ur story and how u dealt with it. Thanks!
There is no greater loss than that of a child.  It's very difficult to move on, and it will take some time.  I don't understand why things happen as they do, I lost a son and grandson which left me with so much pain, anger and whys?  I've been told that often when we lose an unborn baby it is because there is something wrong with him/her and the body rejects it.  Maybe your son was spared a lifetime of suffering...I don't know.  I know there are no words to comfort you, just be patient with yourself, and cry as much and as often as you need to. If it becomes too much, don't hesiatate to seek professional help, this is what I had to do. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and do take care.
It's difficult to lose a child, but with time it will get easier. I had a miscarriage last month and struggled with it, but am moving forward now. I was even planning on getting pregnant, but the loss hit me hard. I try hard to live by the saying of "everything happens for a reason". We may not know why it happened, but there is some reason for why it did. Take care of yourself.
The replies from everyone so far are true. But, nobody will grieve like you, so if you feel lost and alone, then feel it. That is how you feel and don't try to deny it. Please seek a listening ear from a professional. Some friends and family will try to make you feel better and it may make things even worse. A pastor or counselor understands your loss and can help guide you through the naturally occuring process. Peace be with you.