Grief & Loss Community
i have to euphanize my akita today at 5:00 - please send positive thoug...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

i have to euphanize my akita today at 5:00 - please send positive thoughts for him

Because of Kidney Failure and two weeks of IV's and meds, I am having to euphanize my Akita, "Roob". He is only 6 years old (almost half of what he should have lived), and he the 8th canine child i have had to make the choice to euphanize. Just wo weeks ago we found out one of his kidneys never developed from when he was a puppy, and the second kideny was malformed, and had been doing all of the work (with help of his liver). The only 'sign' was that he drank alot...but, according to the breeder, Akita's always drink alot. With all of my babies that my husband and I have had to make this decision, It never gets any easier at all. I never could have what people refer to as 'real' children, and being married 22 years, we still get the sarcasim that dogs aren't the same as kids, so "Why" are we so upset...and why do you keep getting more dogs just to go through this again, and again? I guess I am just venting because I do feel as if I gave birth to each and every on of my Pups. I am here venting i believe, just to stay busy -i haven't moved from his side all day..but my sould is filled with pure black sorrow. I guess i am just requesting people to please send good energy to "Roob" so his passing to the Rainbow Bridge is peaceful.

Things to watch out for so this doesn't happen to you: You Pup drinks ALOT, regeritates food once or so a month for no reason, has bad breath even with oral care, begins to lose weight for no reason quickly, throws up 'yellow' goop or 'hacks' like he has something in his throat...these were the triggers as to why we went to vet. All of this occured 2 or so weeks before we took him to the vet, and 12 days later, we are losing our dear son, Roob.

Only 3 hours until once again, part of my soul will pass over with my baby. Please wish us good thoughts. I have lost all hope, once again, and everytime, there is less hope to even search for. Peace and Love to everyone and their furry companions...Thank you to all who listened to me..."RoE", Roob's Mom
Tags: postive thoughts, complicated grief, canine children, KIDNEY FAILURE
I am so sorry for your loss. There have been many of us in the dogs community who have lost our dogs recently. We understand how difficult it is to lose a member of our "family"
Roob was lucky to live his life in the company of people who love him and are proud to call him family.
Please accept my heartfelt sympathy...
God Bless Roob's beautiful spirit and soul.
Connie
If you need some support...please come over to the dog community...lots of great people who understand your loss.