Grief & Loss Community
liver

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

liver

my brother was operated on friday with a burst ulcer and kidney failure also he has cirrhosis of the liver. what is his mortality rate . should/could i donate part of my liver to him
I am so sorry this is happening to your family.  I think it is a personal decision.  I will need a transplant (kidney) in time and I think my family would step up if I ever needed one.  I know I would be so grateful beyond words.  I think you need to talk to the dr's of what this means for you and if it is a possibility.  Know the whole story first before you jeopardize your own health.  No one would want that.  I wish you the best in this decision.  My prayers are with all of you.
I should have read a little closer.  Sorry it is early.  You have to be tested to see if you are a match.  Your brother has to be stable enough to have the surgery and other things that a dr. would be able to explain.  Take one step at a time and then make decisions.  Goodluck.