Is there anyone on this group that does not vaccinate their children?
We have always made a personal decision to not vaccinate our children after much research.  When you give birth in a hospital setting they usually demand that your baby have the Hep B and PKU.  We always have to sign waivers through the hospital to prevent this from occurring.  Depending on what state you are in you may even have to have these notarized prior to your giving birth.

Here is a list of waivers:

http://www.vaclib.org/keywords.htm

Hope this helps others in the same situation.
The beauty of homebirth or birth center is that vaccines are never pressured on you. Also seeing a homeopathic doc is great as well! (I'm very thankful for the kind of care I can get in my area) With my midwife, the only things they offer once baby is born is a vit. K shot and the antibiotic eye drops (can't remember the correct term) we have never gotten the eye stuff done but we always get the vit. K shot done. With my first, my midwife recommended that we get it for him because he was tough getting out and coming down the birth canal crooked, caused him to have a blood blister on his head. So each baby after that has had it. But no vaccines anymore, and I have done some research and for our family, it just seems safer not to have them done. People will always look at me like I'm a lunatic (and I probably am) but it's okay with me. ;)
A friend of mine actually cannot vaccinate her 2 girls, because they inherited a condition from her (not terrible but it affects the liver and kidneys) and if she vaccinated them, they could potentially die from them. She did a lot of research before making a final decision, and she is glad she looked into before she just blindly let a doc vaccinate her children.
Thanks for posting this, I know a lot of people look at us as crazy for even questioning vaccines or doing the research.  It takes some work to look into but I think it's worth it.  We have to get waivers and this particular hospital requires a typed up birth plan stating the vaccines to be avoided as well so it's always good to ask before you get there.  Because you just never know the procedures can vary from state to state and hospital to hospital.
I wonder about this too. I have heard of children dying of sids because of vaccines. And the things that are on these shots make me sick. I have much more research to do before are baby is here.
Just gave birth and yes had quite the fun at the hospital not wanting the vaccines, but they gladly gave us the waivers and we were on our way.  The best thing to do is certainly to research everything the best you can.
The only vac I didn't get my babies to have was the hep one at the hospital
I refused the hep one and when I got the paperwork home found out they ran a separate test on my blood to run a Hepatitis panel on me.  Came back negative, but they never asked for my permission on that.  They also charged us for vaccinating even though we refused them.
Hey everyone,i jst fpund this group.seems nice...and abt the vaccines i refused them during pregnancy nd when my child was born.my bby boy is verry healthy..my instinct kept telling me no..nd yes i have done sp much research on them long story that i refused them.im pregnant again nd will refuse again...
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
ChitChatNine commented on ChitChatNine's status
Jul 15
ChitChatNine commented on photo
Jul 15
ChitChatNine commented on My Crystal Ball Theor...
Jul 12