907?1298410043
GroupTrack: We Want a Natural Birth User Group
REAL Costs of Early Elective Deliveries
About This Group:

For women and men who believe that birth is a natural process that requires little or no medical intervention welcome to We Want a Natural Birth. For those who are unsure about natural childbirth please join us as we will use many MedHelp trackers, health pages, polls, FAQ's, videos and resources to share about the pros, cons, delights and fears of birthing naturally. This is a peaceful place of refuge for expecting mommies and daddies alike! Please note that I am not a medical professional and this forum is a public domain. If you have any medical concerns you will always be asked to consult with your doctor or midwife. I will also be posting links to graphic birth photos and videos (you will always be forewarned).

Founded by JoyRenee on February 22, 2011
51 members

REAL Costs of Early Elective Deliveries

Found this article and want to share:
http://thehealthcareblog.com/blog/2011/03/19/the-real-cost-of-early-elective-deliveries-2/

Here's the opening paragraph:
What if I told you that across the country there’s a procedure being performed on pregnant women that makes their newborns more likely to end up sick and in a $3,000-a-day Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)?

Too outrageous to believe?

It’s true.
that is ridiculous
Yes! That is for 'elective' deliveries. Obviously sometimes babies decide to come too early and need assistance. But to deliberately deliver someone early with no medical reason? I think that is just irresponsible!
Barb135 commented on photo
mcorrell98 commented on photo
ChitChatNine uploaded new photos