907?1298410043
GroupTrack: We Want a Natural Birth User Group
What is Your Birth Must-Have?!
About This Group:

For women and men who believe that birth is a natural process that requires little or no medical intervention welcome to We Want a Natural Birth. For those who are unsure about natural childbirth please join us as we will use many MedHelp trackers, health pages, polls, FAQ's, videos and resources to share about the pros, cons, delights and fears of birthing naturally. This is a peaceful place of refuge for expecting mommies and daddies alike! Please note that I am not a medical professional and this forum is a public domain. If you have any medical concerns you will always be asked to consult with your doctor or midwife. I will also be posting links to graphic birth photos and videos (you will always be forewarned).

Founded by JoyRenee on February 22, 2011
52 members

What is Your Birth Must-Have?!

Whether you've chosen a home birth, water birth, VBAC, hospital birth, birth center - what is your birth must-have?! What is that one thing you need during birth or shortly after birth?
50%
 (2) 
Food/water
25%
 (1) 
Hydrotherapy (shower, tub)
0%
 (0) 
Herbs and oils
25%
 (1) 
OTHER (reply below)
4 Members voted
Food and water are must-haves for sure!!! BUT I also enjoy a nice warm shower just before it's time to deliver. Something about the way the water hits your body is so soothing and relaxing. Then, once I give birth, I can't wait to get home a couple of hours later and in my bed and just snuggle my new baby!! :)
What I needed was something to hold on to and rub between my forefinger and thumb.  usually it was a hand but if there wasn't a hand available I would rub a blanket, towel, or my gown.
My poor husband said his hands were sore from all the rubbing.
I thought it was funny because in our lamaze class the teacher said that there will probably be a time when you don't want to be touched and she made us practice focusing without touching.  It never happened.

After delivery, though, food and a hot shower.
stacey10 commented on Heather3418's status
hansen20 my daughter serinas birthda... Comment
Aug 28
KylieRMs_momma commented on KylieRMs_momma's status
Aug 25