have any of you ladies had VBAC?
i had 2 c-sections and i got cleared for a VBAC=). the doctor said i  only had a 2% uterus rupture but from what he told me all the years he had doing this he had alot of successful VBAC's and ones that where with a multiple c-sections too. i was wondering if there is anything you would like to share about the experience you had or your friends or someone you knew that did this=).  i was also wondering if its okay to try home remedies to try bring on labor thats safe? and is (EPO) okay to take Orly safer to ripen the cervix instead of vaginally. EPO is Evening Primrose Oil.
I haven't had one but am planning one, due December 2012! As far as percentage, most studies state 0.5 -1.5 % chance of uterine rupture, the highest rates being with Pitocin use. I've read a ton of studies on uterine rupture, but can't remember if it's higher with 2 c-sections, but I can definitely go back and look for you :) My midwife is very experienced with VBACs and says she has about as many VBAC births every month as she does "normal" births (because she's one of the only providers in the area that will do them).

As far as natural ways to get labor going, nipple stimulation should be fine (by you, breast pump, or partner), sex (to ripen cervix), birthing ball, etc. Not sure about EPO but if you do it I would definitely do oral over vaginal. I have an appointment with my midwife on Wednesday and I can ask her if you want. Oh, and you should join ICAN, there are lots of women on there who have VBACed successfully and/or are planning a VBAC. I joined my local chapter (for central Iowa) and love the support. They post birth stories, have forums about local healthcare providers, places to ask questions, and most local chapters have a meeting every month that's open to all moms- whether they are pregnant, trying to conceive, already have a kid, previous c-section or no c-section, etc.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
ChitChatNine is happy! Comment
Nov 17
FreshLove Woow, I have not updated in... Comment
Nov 11
ChitChatNine commented on Jade59's status
Oct 19