907?1298410043
GroupTrack: We Want a Natural Birth User Group
have any of you ladies had VBAC?
About This Group:

For women and men who believe that birth is a natural process that requires little or no medical intervention welcome to We Want a Natural Birth. For those who are unsure about natural childbirth please join us as we will use many MedHelp trackers, health pages, polls, FAQ's, videos and resources to share about the pros, cons, delights and fears of birthing naturally. This is a peaceful place of refuge for expecting mommies and daddies alike! Please note that I am not a medical professional and this forum is a public domain. If you have any medical concerns you will always be asked to consult with your doctor or midwife. I will also be posting links to graphic birth photos and videos (you will always be forewarned).

Founded by JoyRenee on February 22, 2011
52 members

have any of you ladies had VBAC?

i had 2 c-sections and i got cleared for a VBAC=). the doctor said i  only had a 2% uterus rupture but from what he told me all the years he had doing this he had alot of successful VBAC's and ones that where with a multiple c-sections too. i was wondering if there is anything you would like to share about the experience you had or your friends or someone you knew that did this=).  i was also wondering if its okay to try home remedies to try bring on labor thats safe? and is (EPO) okay to take Orly safer to ripen the cervix instead of vaginally. EPO is Evening Primrose Oil.
1 Comment
I haven't had one but am planning one, due December 2012! As far as percentage, most studies state 0.5 -1.5 % chance of uterine rupture, the highest rates being with Pitocin use. I've read a ton of studies on uterine rupture, but can't remember if it's higher with 2 c-sections, but I can definitely go back and look for you :) My midwife is very experienced with VBACs and says she has about as many VBAC births every month as she does "normal" births (because she's one of the only providers in the area that will do them).

As far as natural ways to get labor going, nipple stimulation should be fine (by you, breast pump, or partner), sex (to ripen cervix), birthing ball, etc. Not sure about EPO but if you do it I would definitely do oral over vaginal. I have an appointment with my midwife on Wednesday and I can ask her if you want. Oh, and you should join ICAN, there are lots of women on there who have VBACed successfully and/or are planning a VBAC. I joined my local chapter (for central Iowa) and love the support. They post birth stories, have forums about local healthcare providers, places to ask questions, and most local chapters have a meeting every month that's open to all moms- whether they are pregnant, trying to conceive, already have a kid, previous c-section or no c-section, etc.
stacey10 commented on renae176's status
Carly1306 officially quit my job. Can... Comment
Sep 29
hansen20 well my daughter serina has... Comment
Sep 28