Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
???????

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

???????
I'm 14. I started my period August of last year.  I haven't had my period in a few months and I don't want to talk to my mom. Is it normal to have a absent period?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that irregular periods are fairly common.  I would be slightly more concerned if you have been having regular periods for quite some time and then stopped.  If it has always been irregular, then probably no need to worry.  IF pregnancy is a possibility you should do a pregnancy test.  That is the MOST common reason for missing a period.
Good luck!
Dr B