Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
2 month period..helpp!!
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

2 month period..helpp!!

hi im 22 years old. im not on/or ever have been on any birth control. I am sexually active....  Ive had my period for about 2 months (and still going).  In the beginning it was heavy with clots coming out that were dark red almost brown to where i would change my tampon/pads ALOT, and its slowed down to where it just spotting every now and then, and back to clots sometimes.   Ive been meaning to see a doctor but im so busy with school and work. I Dont know if i have somthing seriously wrong or if its just caused by stress. please help :)

and also this is NOT the first time it just started this year in February . i had period for 2 months then nothing for 2/3 months ( i thought i was pregnant and i took the test and negative.) and started this 2 month period..
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would first give you some medication to stop the bleeding.  I would also do some hormone testing to rule out thyroid or pituitary problems as a cause for the bleeding.  Oh, and pregnancy too of course.  If these tests were normal, we might discuss some options (including oral contraceptives) for regulating your cycle--constant bleeding can lead to significant anemia.
Good luck!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
Thank you that helps
Me a lot I just wouldn't know what I would have to go through at the doctors :) thanks a lot :)
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now