Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
3rd degree tearing in my vagina

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

3rd degree tearing in my vagina

Hello, I a 28 year old woman, i have this huge problem, 3 years ago I gave birth to a healthy baby boy.i had a normal labour, I pushed him through my vagina. He was a big baby and his weight was 3.8kg and I had a 3rd degree tearing.as soon as I gave birth, they took me to theatre and gave me an injection in my back to make my lower part of the body numb, so they closed the tearing and I healed very well, saw and felt the stiches coming out as I was healing.now my problem is that  it has been 3 years now and whenever I have sex with my husband , I can't do those other styles and as soon as I feel too much pressure on the skin, don't know what to call it but its the soft skin that separates the vihara and the ***.and I waited for 3 months after giving birth before having sex.wanted to know if I need to know if the is anything I can do to have a normal sex life with my husband or do I need to visit a Gynecologist? Please. Help me
Tags: 3rd degree, 3rd degree tearing
Hi!
I must admit I can not totally understand your question, but if you were a patient, of my own, I would need to see you in the office so that you could show me where the discomfort is when you have relations with your husband.  It sounds like you may have some scar tissue, or other reason for having discomfort that is not normal this long after a baby. My guess is that if you had the discussion with your doctor, he/she could diagnose and treat the problem, and that would ultimately be a blessing to your relationship.
Sometimes baby number 2 comes barreling through and solves all the problems too, but it almost sounds like there won't be another one if you don't see your doctor.
Good luck!
Dr B