Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Am I pregnant or is it all in my head?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Am I pregnant or is it all in my head?

Hi, I had sex July 13th. Since then I have had 5 "periods". The first one was super heavy! The second one was normal. Then the past three have been super super light! I have taken 5 hpts through out this experience all negative. My symptoms are enlarged belly, I have gained 2 pounds, slight nausea, enlarged breast, and back pain. I have been working out alot more and have been lifting alot of weights. Do you think I'm pregnant or is it all in my head?
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you are probably not pregnant. The home tests are pretty accurate if done correctly.  I would probably want to consider some blood testing though, such as another preg test, and a prolactin, TSH, FSH and progesterone level.  You may need some medication such as progesterone to help the uterus discharge its lining.
Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker