Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Am I pregnant?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Am I pregnant?

I had unprotected sex around late November. I last had a full period was a week before Thanksgiving and ended exactly a week later. My period skipped for December. These past two months I have experienced. Peanut Butter cravings, fatigue, nausea, and frequent urination, mood swings, breasts hurt occasionally, bloating, and now i'm smelling everything. I walk into walmart with such a strong aroma of grocery it turns my stomach upside down and leads me thinking I need to puke.
Last week I got what I thought was a period on January 22. On January 23 I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I went by the clinic she told me to wait a week to test again. Again I took the test this morning with my morning pee, negative. I heard testing negative means your hormones aren't high enough. If I'm feeling all of these symptoms why am I testing negative?  So my question is Am I pregnant?
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I might be tempted to do a blood test, but I would have to advise you that with this many negative urine tests, you are probably NOT pregnant.  It is possible that you could be VERY early, but not pregnant since November.
Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker