Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Apple Cider Vinegar and genital warts
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Apple Cider Vinegar and genital warts

I have been successfully using apple cider vinegar to treat external genital warts.  Now I have discovered internal genital warts.  Is it safe to use a tampon or cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar to treat them?  Also, what are the possible complications of internal genital warts (other than discomfort during intercourse)?
Related Discussions
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
I'm not sure how that remedy is working for you, but if it is getting rid of the warts externally, I don't see any harm in trying it internally.
One concern about genital warts is that they can lead to precancerous changes in the skin surrounding the vagina and the lining of the vagina itself.
I always recommend a visit to the doctor, so that biopsies can be obtained if there are any suspicious areas.  In the office, doctors can use cryotherapy to remove any remaining lesions that haven't responded to your home remedy.

Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank