Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Apple Cider Vinegar and genital warts

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Apple Cider Vinegar and genital warts

I have been successfully using apple cider vinegar to treat external genital warts.  Now I have discovered internal genital warts.  Is it safe to use a tampon or cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar to treat them?  Also, what are the possible complications of internal genital warts (other than discomfort during intercourse)?
Hi!
I'm not sure how that remedy is working for you, but if it is getting rid of the warts externally, I don't see any harm in trying it internally.
One concern about genital warts is that they can lead to precancerous changes in the skin surrounding the vagina and the lining of the vagina itself.
I always recommend a visit to the doctor, so that biopsies can be obtained if there are any suspicious areas.  In the office, doctors can use cryotherapy to remove any remaining lesions that haven't responded to your home remedy.

Good luck!
Dr B