Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Baby Heartbeat
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Baby Heartbeat

My wife is 9 week pregnent 1 week earlier during ultrasound no heartbeat found in our baby . Kindly suggest what can I do
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
I'm sorry to hear that there was no heart beat found.  At 8 weeks there should be a definite heart beat and fetal activity.  If your wife was my patient, I would suggest a couple of options.  One would be a dliation and curretage procedure to evacuate the uterus.  This can be done in a surgery center, or in some cases in the office.  If you preferred not to choose this option, another might be to use medications to induce a "medical miscarriage".  A gynecologist or women's clinic such as Planned Parenthood could assist you with something like that.  Finally, there is a good chance that your wife will miscarry on her own with no intervention, but the timing will be uncertain.
Good luck and my condolences
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
Hi, my wife is 8th week pregnant and sack is big but fetus is very small and no heart beat. Is there any chances ? Doc had given 2 option for removing that is by taking medicine or d&c. Which of these two is safe ? Will there be any infection if we try to wait for miscarry to happen its own?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now