Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Been awhile since an exam

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Been awhile since an exam
The last pelvic exam I had was going to the hospital three years ago for ecoli. I don't currently have an GYN. Could not having this exam for this long be affecting my chances of becoming pregnant?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to check in with me.  I would probably want to do a pap and brief pelvic exam.  The pap is probably the single most important part of the test because it tests for pre-cancerous (and cancerous) lesions of the cervix.  We don't do paps as often as we used to for women in many age ranges, so missing a year or two is probably not critical, BUT it is certainly not a bad idea to be proactive about your health.
Good luck!
Dr B