Birth control pill and breast tension

For the last 5 years I have been taking birth control pills (0,02 mg etileneestradiol + 0,075 mg gestodene). I tipically take it always at the same time and I do not forget pills. 2 months ago I had some spotting that I did not used to have, but this stopped and I asked the doctor and he told me it can be normal. Meanwhile this month I had protected sex (1st time having sex), and I am having brutal breast tension about 10 days before my period comes, and also a bit of spotting since then. The weather around here has been pretty cold and I have been under some pressure which I think it may affect this. I am wondering if I can consider this as "normal" for 1st time or if this may be early symptoms of pregnancy (that I would assume it is very unlikely).

Also, is there any way to know that the birth control pill we are taking is protective.  
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the spotting can be normal, it is called breakthrough bleeding.  If you are having it frequently you might wish to switch pills for awhile.  Cold weather can contribute to breast discomfort and it commonly does worsen immediately before the period.
I would suggest a well fitting excellent support bra and possibly Ibuprofen or Acetominophenif you are having pain.  You oral contraceptive should protect you from pregnancy--99+%
If you don't have your normal period do a pregnancy test, but otherwise you should be fine.
Good luck!
Dr B
Well, my question was not really that one. Was rather

1st is breast tension normal even with the pill?

2nd what are the chances of pregnancy using bith control pill and condom. :-)

Thanks,
Marilia