Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Black discharge and bright red blood...10 days before period is due
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Black discharge and bright red blood...10 days before period is due

Hello, I am 19yo female. I am in need of some help. As iv been to the ER and gynecologist and nobody will listen to me. I have bad BV(Bacterial Vaginosis) for almost 2 years now, been treated it comes back so I take probiotics and folic acid to help it on my own. I am currently ttc with my husband. I have a daughter shes 2. Other than the bv I have never had any problems. I am due for my period on the 13th which would mean I would have started this bleeding 10 days before my period is due. I am very regular. I started having dark dark brown/black discharge and a little bit of bright red blood mixed in with it. It is only enough to fill maybe a half tampon in 5-6 hours. This started 2 days ago. I am very concerned. I read that it can be a uterine infection and sometimes can be life threatening. I was due for a gyno appointment on friday but they told me today I cannot come in if im bleeding. So im stuck at the hospital situation again. I dont know what to do. Or what this could be. Any advice would be so so great. Thanks so much!
603463_tn?1220630455
HI!
If you were my patient, I would definitely reassure you that you don't have a life threatening infection.  The dark discharge is only old blood that is being discharged slowly.  I would also advise you to do a pregnancy test, just to rule out that that is what is up.  IF that is positive, call your doctor right away for a possible ultrasound.
If the test is negative, I would probably just watch and wait to see what the next cycle will bring--hopefully you will go right back to normal.
Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank