Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Bleeding

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Bleeding
When me and my partner have intercourse, sometimes i bleed. Could this be bad?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would ask you to come in for an exam.  Bleeding after intercourse is common; it is NOT normal: and usually a cause can be found and remedied.
First I would do a pap to rule out abnormal cells on your cervix and also rule out polyps.  I would look for any lesions on the outside or inside of the vagina that might be bleeding.  I would also look for any signs of infection that might be causing the bleeding (I would offer you testing for STIs too)If we STILL had not found anything, I would suggest an ultrasound to make sure there were no problems with the lining of the uterus, or ovaries that might be the culprit.
Good luck!
Dr B
You could bleed if he is rather large or if you just began having sex. As long as the bleeding stops, you should be ok.