Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Blister near vagina?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Blister near vagina?

Hi, this is a weird question and I am embarrassed to ask anyone but there is a red blister thing at the top of my vagina. Or closer to the clitoris. I'm 13 years old so I'm not active at all. The blister hurts badly and is swollen and purple now. It is a little bit smaller than a pencil eraser. How can I get rid of this and what is it? Thank you!
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would want you to come in so that I could examine you and give you a correct diagnosis.  Two things come to mind as possibilities--the first is an ingrown hair follicle, the second is the cold sore virus.  It is going to be pretty important for you to let your mom and her doctor know so that they can get you the right medications if needed.
Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker