Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Blister near vagina?

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Blister near vagina?

Hi, this is a weird question and I am embarrassed to ask anyone but there is a red blister thing at the top of my vagina. Or closer to the clitoris. I'm 13 years old so I'm not active at all. The blister hurts badly and is swollen and purple now. It is a little bit smaller than a pencil eraser. How can I get rid of this and what is it? Thank you!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would want you to come in so that I could examine you and give you a correct diagnosis.  Two things come to mind as possibilities--the first is an ingrown hair follicle, the second is the cold sore virus.  It is going to be pretty important for you to let your mom and her doctor know so that they can get you the right medications if needed.
Good luck!
Dr B