Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Blood Clot, NO Period

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Blood Clot, NO Period
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this!  I am 35 years old, and hubs & I have been trying to conceive for 3 years with 2 miscarriage 2 years ago in week 9.  I have a regular menstruation cycle of 28 days.  We had intercourse this month when I ovulated.  My period is not due for another 7 days.  However, this morning, when I urinated, there was a blood clot approx. the size of a quarter (maybe a little larger) in the commode.  There is no other bleeding.  Should I be concerned?
Hi!
The bleeding could theoretically be implantation bleeding.  It could also be a sign of the period starting early.  If you were my patient, I would recommend taking a pregnancy test now, and then again if the period is late or unusual in any way.
If you are not pregnant in this cycle, I would encourage you to see a reproductive endocrinolgist soon.  After 35 it doesn't get easier!
Good luck!
Dr B