Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Brown vaginal spotting with tissue passed
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Brown vaginal spotting with tissue passed

My most recent period was late by a week.  I started and it was very light bleeding for a week (which is not normal for me, I have really heavy periods).  Now it's been three weeks since the start of my period, and I'm still spotting.  Enough that I can get by with wearing a panty liner.  It is very brown (looks like old blood) and I'm passing a ton of tissue.

Any ideas what's going on?
Related Discussions
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
Two possibilities come to mind.  Of course, there's the question: are you pregnant? Could you be pregnant and having a miscarriage.  For my own patient, I would certainly recommend a pregnancy test.

If it is not pregnancy--then you are probably having an anovulatory cycle. (no ovulation this month) Depending upon how long the heavy bleeding and-or irregular bleeding has been going on, I might want to do a biopsy of the uterine lining looking for polyps and other pathology.  I would probably also recommend some progesterone for 10-14 days to cause everything that has built up in there to slough off.

Hope this helps!

Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
i had a hysterectomy a month ago i got cut under my belly.ok a month later i am feeling pain on my belly and a foul smell where i got cut the pain feels like a bad pinching pain and everyday after i shower i get that bad smell where i got cut any advice on whats going on asap thanks.i also noticed a red blister like mark where i got cut? thanks again
Blank
A related discussion, BV was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker