Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Burning sensation in pelvic/ovaries with mid back pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Please help!  Iam scared and on edge with the possibility that I have some form of pelvic cancer.  Symptoms began on 11/27/08 with vomiting, run down, weak, cold, no fever, and thirsty.  Blood in the urine on 12/14/08, burns to go to the bathroom.  I am treated with antibiotics and it seems to clear up,yet I continue to feel run down, cold and thirsty.  Feb., 15th my mid back region begins to ache.  By the end of February, my pelvic region was hurting as well.  It burns and hurts above pubic bone and ovaries.  My MRI shows a cyst in left ovary and a small amount of free fluid at the pelvic cul-de-sac, with a few tiny nabothian cysts at the cervix.  My pap was normal in January and no stones were found in my kidneys.  The ultrasounds show only cysts.  My gyn feels a biopsy is not necessary.  At 39, and 3 kids(one stillborn), my periods are heavier, yet regular.  I have NEVER had blood in my urine , nor hurt like this.  PLEASE HELP!!!DO I NEED BIOPSIES OF UTERUS, BLADDER ECT.!!!!!!!
Tags: pelvic
Hi!
It sounds like your problem may be urologic rather than gynecologic.  If you keep having blood in your urine, you definitely need to sort out why!  It is possible that you are just having recurrent infections, but that's not normal either, and you may need to be on suppressive antibiotics.  If the blood is not coming from an infection, it may be important to do a cystoscopy and look at the lining of your bladder.  It is not impossible that you could have endometriosis or interstitial cystitis.  Your findings from all your gynecologic evaluation (pap, mri, etc) sound pretty normal--I'd go to a urologist next!

Good luck!
Dr B