CRAMPS AND BACKACHE 8 years after total hysterectomy / oopherectomy
Hello -

I had a total hysterectomy / oopherectomy in 2003.  Now, for the last 3 weeks, I have had severe lower abdominal pelvic area cramps and a lower backache.  If I hadn't had the hysterectomy I would be convinced I was about to have a period.  I do have IBS, but I am not having any of the other symptoms that I would normally have (no diareaha, not constipated) -- this feels different.  Should I be concerned?  Do you have any thoughts as to what might be the cause?

Thank you,
LVin
Hi!
If all of your pelvic organs have been removed, the most likely culprit is bowel or bladder.
If you were my patient, I would perform an abdominal and pelvic exam plus a urinalysis.
If you don't have a bladder infection, I would consider such things as diverticulitis/losis
etc.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
A related discussion, cramps was started.