Canker sores on labia minora
Hello, I'm 21 years old and I just noticed yesterday that I have two small sores on the right side of my labia minora. These sores look exactly like a canker sore you'd get on the inside of your lip. They are only painful when I wash in the shower. I have no other symptoms. I am sexually active with one person and we've been together for quite some time. I'm aware that herpes can stay hidden for a while before you have an outbreak. I'm afraid that's what it is. I've looked online all day about symptoms that people have with gh. Most of them say that it's horrible, it's so painful they can't sit, urinate, or basically so anything. They also say they feel very sick before their outbreaks. And that the first outbreak is always the worst one. This isn't that bad. Just a little scary. I'm going to the gyno this week.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that, unfortunately, you probably have herpes, either type one or type two.  Sometimes if you already have one form, it can be somewhat protective when you contact the other form so that your out breaks are not as bad as what you have read about.
The best way to test for herpes is actually a blood test for herpes antibodies.
Your doctor may want to do a viral culture of the lesions too.
Good luck!
Dr B
I forgot to mention that I was just seen at the gyno about a week ago for a UTI. I was given cipro and the infection went away.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.