Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Celexa and diflucan

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Celexa and diflucan

Hi there. I have developed a yeast infection following a course of antibiotics. I take celexa 40 mg once daily and was wondering if the single 150 mg dose of diflucan is ok to take with celexa as I have read do interactions but am not sure if that is just with continual use of both drugs together.  I do suffer from occasional bouts of benign SVT....cardiologist has checked it out and is not concerned. Thanks. Jill
HI!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the single dose of Diflucan is not going to cause you any problems.  It works well to alleviate yeast, and is my favorite medication for that.  If you are worried though, you could use one of the over the counter vaginal products.
Good luck!
Dr B