Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Chlamydia

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Chlamydia
Hi , I recently went to the doctor ( last week ) and she diagnosed me with trichomoniasis , after taking a sample . I went in there not knowing what I had so she took the sample and put it under the telescope and told me that's what it was . Today , the last person that I had unprotected sex with calle and told me he has chlamydia . I was wondering if I could also have chlamydia , even though the doctor did not say that to me ?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would want you to call me immediately and I would either test you for chlamydia OR just give you a prescription for antibiotics.  It is possible that the doctor just did a test for trichomonas and did NOT do at test for Chlamydia.  SO it  I would definitely recommend getting treated!
Good luck!
Dr B