Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Cyst and activity

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Cyst and activity

I have been followed for an ovarian cyst and something solid attached they are unsure of what it is (have had it since Aug 2nd). My CA-125 came back as 12 so not worried that it is cancerous.  Is it safe for me to help someone move, like lift boxes and things?  My GYN said it could be dermoid and could cause torsion and if it is there in 2 months she wants to remove whatever it is.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to go ahead with your normal activities.  There is almost no way to prevent torsion (except to remove the cyst).  Often times the cyst has been there for years before it was discovered too. I am not certain of the size of your cyst, but the size does have a bearing on whether or not torsion occurs.
Often cysts will resolve between ultrasounds--hope yours does!
Dr B