Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Cytolytic Vaginosis?

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Cytolytic Vaginosis?

hi,

i posted a question to you back in October
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Gynecology---Womens-Health/acidic-discharge/show/1834352#post_8469158

i am still having the issues and wondering if it could be Cytolytic Vaginosis?
i went to the GYN in DEC for my annual and had her repeat the tests for BV, and Yeast. She even did some type of culture that they had to 'grow'. they all came back negative.
i also wanted to add that after the BV diagnosis i started taking a probiotic for vaginal health. RePHresh was the name. i did that for two months. what i did not peive together was i continued taking my normal probiotic that i had been taking for 'stomach health'. i have since stopped the vaginal one but continue to take the stomach one. wondering if i over loaded on thee good bacteria...

I also switched BC to Lo Loestrine Fe. so far like it. it seems to have reduced the amount of vaginal discharge during sex, but my vaginal fluid is still highly acidic/ sour tasting.

i have been reading that women with Cytolytic Vaginosis complained of their secretions tasting sour or highly acidic and a burning sensation when urinating. plus, all other tests coming back negative for BV yeast, etc.

my question to you is, if i were to go ahead and treat myself for this using baking soda douches, and i DIO NOT have Cytolytic Vaginosis, will doing so really mess up my PH levels? can it hurt me to go ahead and try the baking soda douches?
Hi!
I have to say that I cannot find any references to "cytolytic vaginosis"  in any reputable sources such as ACOG or ABOG.  The supposed pathogensis doesn't really make sense to me either.  If you were my patient, I would advise that I hope you have not spent a lot of money downloading books and pamphlets.  Orthodox gynecologists recommend douching only with vinegar and water, and only approx one time per month.  I guess I will have to stick to the orthodox recommendations.  I think douching multiple times with baking soda could actually be harmful, by destroying your normal bacteria and allowing other bacteria and in particular yeast to overgrow.
I know that not eveyone wants to go with the orthdox approach, but feel that is to advise that is the better part of valor on my part.
Good luck!
Dr B
this is where i found the info, and them bu googling, i found forums, including the MedHelp boards with women complaining of the same symptoms i have.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3168042/