Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
D&C after a blighted ovum
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

D&C after a blighted ovum

I had a D&C because of a blighted ovum on October 4, 2007.  I did not have heavy bleeding and everything went well until the following:  had a post-op checkup at 2wks.  Midwife did a vaginal sonogram and said everything looked fine.  Me and my husband had sex, and I was doubled over - I thought I was going to pass out.  The next morning I felt better but I did call my doctor - she never called me back but a nurse did.  She did not seem too alarmed.  Anyway, I felt that I had ovulated that week - felt the twinge in my ovaries.  I got my period on November 1 - it is now November 12, and I am still bleeding - no sign of letting up.  I am very distressed over this.  Please let me know if this is normal.  Thank you.