Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
D&C after a blighted ovum

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

D&C after a blighted ovum
I had a D&C because of a blighted ovum on October 4, 2007.  I did not have heavy bleeding and everything went well until the following:  had a post-op checkup at 2wks.  Midwife did a vaginal sonogram and said everything looked fine.  Me and my husband had sex, and I was doubled over - I thought I was going to pass out.  The next morning I felt better but I did call my doctor - she never called me back but a nurse did.  She did not seem too alarmed.  Anyway, I felt that I had ovulated that week - felt the twinge in my ovaries.  I got my period on November 1 - it is now November 12, and I am still bleeding - no sign of letting up.  I am very distressed over this.  Please let me know if this is normal.  Thank you.

Having a period (if indeed that is what it is) for 11 days is not normal.  You should call your doctor's office to be seen and examined.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
Thank you for your advice.  My doctor called me back and told me this was normal.  The nurse told me to call in 4 days if it continues (which it looks like it will - no sign of letting up).  I think I will get a second opinion by then.  

Sincerely,
Cammie716