Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
DHEAS levels and Prolactin
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

DHEAS levels and Prolactin

Hi
right now Im looking for quick answers since Im not seeing my doctor in a while.
I had some blood tests done to check for my hormone levels...and my DHEAS and my prolactine levels were both high.
My DHEA S was at 2,160 ng/ml
and my prolactin was at 31.5 ng/ml

Im quite worried about my DHEA S being so high...
My doctor suspects I have PCOS since my LH (8.38 mUl/mL) to FSH (5.73 mUl/mL)levels are reversed..meaning my LH is higher than my FSH...which is sometimes an indication of PCOS...My estradiol was at 15 pg/ml which he said was a bit low and my progesterone was at 0.4 mg/ml which he said was high.
my testosterone though is within normal ranges...and its at 52.4 ng/100ml.
my glucose was within normal so he wasn't concerned about that.

I dont have milk discharge on my breasts as he checked for that and there was none.

Any information on this would be great as I dont know what to think about my DHEAS being so high, and if its because of the PCOS...

before this I had normal menstrual periods that were regular each month, which ceased last year because of an eating disorder, but I have been eating well for a little over a year now and had my periods back and suddenly they disappeared again...and since I started experiencing symptoms such as weight gain, which do concern me and wonder if its because of my DHEAS levels being so high.

Thanks