Early Ovulation
I've been charting temp for 3 cycles now. Two cycles had a 9 day luteal phase with ovulation on CD 19 of 28. This cycle ovulation was detected on CD 12 and I am currently 13 dpo. Since ovulation occurred early should I expect to have an early period? If so, how long after ovulation should it arrive?
Hi!
The luteal phase of the cycle is almost always exactly 14 days--in other words, 14 days after ovulation the period will start.  It is difficult to know when ovulation will occur, because that part of the cycle can be very variable. A "perfect" cycle would have ovulation happen on the 14th day after the first day of the menstrual period--CD 1 is the first day of the period and CD 14 would be ovulation.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.