Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Early Ovulation

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Early Ovulation
I've been charting temp for 3 cycles now. Two cycles had a 9 day luteal phase with ovulation on CD 19 of 28. This cycle ovulation was detected on CD 12 and I am currently 13 dpo. Since ovulation occurred early should I expect to have an early period? If so, how long after ovulation should it arrive?
Hi!
The luteal phase of the cycle is almost always exactly 14 days--in other words, 14 days after ovulation the period will start.  It is difficult to know when ovulation will occur, because that part of the cycle can be very variable. A "perfect" cycle would have ovulation happen on the 14th day after the first day of the menstrual period--CD 1 is the first day of the period and CD 14 would be ovulation.
Hope this helps!
Dr B