Endo, PCOS and endometriomas
Hello, I am a 42 yo female diagnosed with endometriosis, PCOS and endometriomas.  I suffer numerous symptoms from all of these and find it difficult to know what is caused by which issue.  My main concern is that 3 years ago, 2 months after my 5th pregnancy loss (18 weeks)(no children), I began waking at 2:00 am shivering cold, drenched in sweat with fever, extremely nauseated and an immediate and urgent need to vomit.  I also feel very light headed and out of sorts.  After I vomit 2-3 times I change the soaked bedding and go back to sleep.  I then experience complete and total exhaustion and zero energy or drive for the next two days.  This all occurs during ovulation, 8-11 days before I get my period.  Periods are irregular, sometimes just thick chocolatey appearance with no bright red blood and only lasts for 1-2 days.  I then swell up once bleeding has stopped.  My upper and lower abdomen feel heavy and full and I need to go up a size in clothes until ovulation begins again and the above symptoms star over and the swelling/bloating goes away.  I also have changed bowel habits (lost bowel control twice in a year) and urinary frequency and urgency go waaaay up also a pressure feeling on bladder all the time and I am not emptying my bladder completely.  The pelvic pain can get so bad I end up in ER for pain meds and I accept that is endo, but all the other symptoms concern me...should I go to a doctor when I wake with fever, chills and vomiting?  Could this be from ruptured endometrioma a each month?  As the symptoms go away and come back each month this is not indicative of ovarian cancer correct?  The symptoms would persist if that was the case with no break in symptoms?  My doc suggested hysterectomy but is that necessary, and what would that do to alleviate symptoms?  Thank you for your time and insight!!!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would encourage you to consider a hysterectomy.
It sounds like you have very severe PMS and also perimenopause. A hysterectomy would very likely alleviate most of the pain, and you could use hormone replacement therapy to stop the PMS symptoms.  I think you should also be evaluated for gastritis, as most people don't have nausea na vomiting associated with PMS.
Good luck!
Dr B