Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Endometrial thickening with hemmorhagic cyst
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Endometrial thickening with hemmorhagic cyst

Hi, I am 26 years old and a nullipara, currently working on my nursing degree. I have suffered from back pain for several years and have always had extreme mentrual cramps that exacerbate by back pain 10 fold. In 2004 I had a pelvic laparoscopy done to rule out endometriosis (maternal family history). Incidentally, an infarcted cyst (approx: 2mm x 6 mm) on my fallopian tube was removed. My cramps and periods improved significantly. However, in the last 2 years they have come back with a vengance. I have lost 25 pounds in 1 month putting me at 69" and 120 lbs. I am eating 2500+ calories per day and quit exercising except for mild walking and the weight is falling off. Because of my history of back pain, I have had 11 CT scans as well as numerous xrays and a bone scan trying to discover the cause of my pain. I had an ultrasound performed yesterday which revealed mild thickening of the endometrial stripe and a hemorrhagic cyst approximately 1 cm on my right ovary. My CMP, CBC, and TSH were normal. I have a history of an abnormal PAP with the high risk strains of HPV ID'd 4 years ago. I have since had normal paps after the colpo. I am very concerned about ovarian or uterine cancer (I know its rare in 26 year olds). The doctors working up my back are considering surgery and I do not want to have the wrong thing fixed. If this tiny cyst coudl be a contributing factor I woudl rather fix that. My husband and I both want to try for children in the next year but afraid to due to my pain level and this new development. What are your thoughts? (Sorry so lengthy)
Ashley