Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Female "piping"

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Female "piping"

My girlfriend has a "slanted" vaginal canal. We're sexually active with one another. Sometimes it's fine and sometimes it's hard for me to get inside. I was wondering if there is something; lube, a position, anything that I can use to help her. Her OB/GYN told her to try doggystyle however it can occur in that position as well. Anyone out there have a similar problem? Is there a professional that can suggest something? She feels bad when we have these types of "road blocks" and I just want to help her and for us to enjoy each other. Hope someone can help. Thank you.
Tags: vaginal, slanted, help, OBGYN
HI!
If your girlfriend was my patient, I would evaluate her for a possible vaginal septum.  The type of difficulties that you are having suggest that this might be a possibility.  I would ask her if she has ever had any difficulty with inserting or removing tampons--that would be another symptom; also, spotting or bleeding "around" a tampon.
If her vagina is normal, it should expand and allow for intercourse (it was designed to allow passage of a baby!) Expansion of the vagina and lubrication should occur with arousal, so it is also possible that you two just need more foreplay.
Good luck!
Dr B