Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Gyno

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Gyno

Hi, my vagina recently started itching!! (the inside of the lips and such, not inside) and once I itch it it becomes more irritated. Today I finally looked at it more closely and the inside lips of my flower are literately WHITE. I tried ph balanced lady wipes and it was okay for a little while. I decided to try a douche for the first time also and it burned a little and now I'm itchy again. What could be going on?!?!?
Hi!
If you  were my patient, I would advise you that your symptoms are pretty classic for a yeast infection.  I would suggest trying one of the over the counter products such a Monistat or Gynelotrimen.  Most wojnen who use these have a fairly good response. If you don't you should contact your doctor who can test you and possibly prescribe diflucan
Good luck!
Dr B
Can be possible that the itching can come from the change of soap?
because I have itching inside of the lips but no white things. I had yeast infection 3 years ago and I was treated.