Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Has my hymen broken???!?

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Has my hymen broken???!?

When i look at my vagina in the mirror i see lots of tissue at the opening and a very small hole.
Hi!
If you were my patient I would examine you to answer your question.  But suspect that your hymen is intact. When you do have intercourse for the first time there will likely be bleeding, and sometimes quite a bit.  It is often quite uncomfortable for the woman the first time around too.  A doctor would be able to answer your question if it is important.
Good luck!
Dr B
Are you a virgin and do you use tampons?
No i dont use tampons. And i have never been pentrated before. But there was this time when me and my boyfriend were fooling around. He kept his penis at the opening of my vagina and i felt some pressure and pain.it didnt go in because i didnt feel it. I was also very uncomfortable. So we stopped and there was no bleeding at that time. But then about an hour later i went to pee and had my usual discharge and there was this very very small thread of blood and it wasnt that visible. Then i got my periods the next day and it was normal. My point is i need to know if my hymen has broken. And also if we did not have pentrative sex then am i still a virgin? Because i wanted to save myself for marriage
It's all in what you believe.  Some people say even oral sex considers you no longer a virgin.  I believe that penetration with a penis (not a toy) makes you no longer a virgin. (I was a virgin til I was 30).  Unless someone is going to check to make sure you are (by looking at your hymen) I wouldn't worry about it.  Good luck with your goal! :o)