Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
How long should my period last if im anemic?

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

hi ive been on my perion for 2 weeks straight now and only had one day of spotting in between ...Im getting scared cause i have really bad cramps and i am also anemic i have been taking iron pills for the anemia and my hemoglobin is still 10 I am 20 years old have two children and have the mirena at first I thought it was irregular bleeding from my mirena but im starting to doubt its because ot that .........my next doctors appointment is in 2 months should i wait to see her until then ?anyone have any advice ?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would want you to call me.  I might try prescribing some hormone pills to help stop the bleeding.  It is entirely possible that that the bleeding is a consequence of the Mirena, and should subside eventually, but because you are anemic, you should probably be treated with medications to stop the bleeding sooner rather than later.
Good luck!
Dr B